What's new

Six blades?

Apologies as I'm sure this is a common topic, just surprised me a bit...

As someone that recently got back into DE, I've been looking a bit more closely at the shaving sections in the stores and online....and see that 6-blade version are are available (guess I've had a beard for too long). I noticed Personna has one on their web page.

$gt6splash.png

http://www.personna.com/product-details/gt6

So 5 wasn't enough, and they're forever pursuing the Mach 20?

I'm getting by perfectly fine on ONE blade.

Last edited:
The first six blade razor was launched seven years ago by Dorco. The new GT5 has been launched as the Schick Quattro 5 (oxymoron) in Japan.
I think they are quite attractive for private label products.

The first six blade razor was launched seven years ago by Dorco. The new GT5 has been launched as the Schick Quattro 5 (oxymoron) in Japan.
I think they are quite attractive for private label products.

Sorry, I guess that shows how long I've been "out of it" having the beard for so long. I was only using cheap disposables to do my cheeks/neck for so many years; I hadn't been paying attention to much else in the shaving world.

I'm happy with the results I'm getting with the DE since I picked it up again.

Thanks very much for the information.

They seem to add a blade every 10 years lol waiting for one that resembles an old lawnmower as you roll it across your face for the ultimate shave. I mean their at a pivoting head why not a spinning one lol

Technically, it has seven blades. That's (7) razor blades...has it gotten this bad? That's okay I guess, my coffee cup has four handles:dots:

I can control only 1 blade at a time. Why would I ever need more. Imagine the mess you would make writing with a six pointed pen.

Top Bottom