What's new

Maca Root. You must be kidding, right?

Of all the crazy things...I bought a tube while I ran into a Body Shop just for grins. I lathered a bowl tonight. Hmm. Copious amounts of lather. Hand lathered it on followed by a steaming hot towel. Then face lathered with my Simpson Case. Slick as snot. I couldnt even tell my PolSilver blade and r41 was cutting. Smooth as silk. Is this cream really that good? I love CF Lime, Trumpers Coconut and TOBS Grapefruit creams more than anything, but after trying this...dare I say The Body Shop makes a kick-butt shave cream? Wow.

The BS Maca Root cream is quite good, but rarely discussed on the board.

Nevertheless, I when using creams, I generally prefer Proraso and TOBS.

It is good, isn't it? It's made by the same people who make Trumper's and TOBS. It's also quite a bit cheaper than those, especially when you catch it on sale. The only thing some may not like much is the scent I think. The Maca Root seems almost like an unscented to me but the scent it does have (soapy and a little earthy) is fine with me.

Funny you mention this, I used it this morning. It lathers amazingly and like Branford mentioned, hardly discussed on this board. One of the few creams that I own.

This scent really stays in a brush though.

The shave cream is great and suprised me when I took advantage of 50% off sale with free shipping. It is currently in my rotation and I face lather with it as it is very cooling.

It is a great performer for sure....great price too. If it wasn't for the scent I would use it all the time. My wife actually got me a sample and I thought 'this is gonna be terrible stuff'. I was wrong.

Funny you mention this, I used it this morning. It lathers amazingly and like Branford mentioned, hardly discussed on this board. One of the few creams that I own.

This scent really stays in a brush though.

I do really enjoy this cream. But I have to agree the scent does cling to the brush, dont know if its an odd ingredient thats not common, as Im not too clued up on ingredients.
Other than that great cream, easily lathered and super slick

I do really enjoy this cream. But I have to agree the scent does cling to the brush, dont know if its an odd ingredient thats not common, as Im not too clued up on ingredients.
Other than that great cream, easily lathered and super slick

The scent is a potent one for sure. I don't know if I love it but it isn't bad by any means.

I'm usually a soap guy and I loaded it wayyy too much the first time I used it and had a week's worth of lather in my Semogue 2000.

Top Bottom