What Type of Camera?

What Camera Do Use The Most

• Phone

• DSLR

• Mirco 4/3

• Point and Shoot

• SLR

Results are only viewable after voting.
After years of lugging my extraordinarily great - and way too heavy - Pentax DSLR + lenses around, I gave them all up for some relatively small and relatively lightweight micro four-thirds cameras. I currently have two - a Panasonic Lumix GX7 and an older, smaller but quite fine Lumix GX1 - and an assortment of prime and zoom lenses. Also it would be criminal not to mention my almost-pocketable serious compact, a Lumix LX7 with an incredibly fast wide-angle zoom lens designed by Leica - a tiny gem of a camera which, in spite of the diminutive size of its sensor, produces remarkable images. And, yes, on occasion I'm guilty of using my iPhone as a camera as well, with two excellent photo apps - Hipstamatic and Mattebox - as well as the standard Camera App.

But as everyone knows, the best camera, really.....is the one you have with you.

Henri Cartier-Bresson, the legendary French father of modern documentary photography, and an inspiration to generations of serious photographers, once said -

“To photograph is to hold one's breath, when all faculties converge to capture fleeting reality. It's at that precise moment that mastering an image becomes a great physical and intellectual joy.”

You can do that actually with any camera.

But, someone, like with the other finer things in life, photographing with a really nice camera....has its own pleasures. $GX7+DreamerStrap.jpg

For me I love, Love, LOVE Russian cameras!

I use 35mm Zenit 122 and 12XL SLR's with M42 thread mount lenses.
I also use a KIEV 303 16mm Subminiature spy camera.

Check then out!
$20140927_160141.jpg$20140927_160249.jpg
I'm waiting on a Zenit 122s Photosniper to arrive in the mail.
I'll post pictures of it when it arrives, so my brethren can see the awesome camera.

For me it is a D3S Nikon.
It is big, heavy and old.
But it is the best digital camera I have ever used.
Certainly one of the finest DSLRs ever made.
It will do anything I need it to except it won't fit in my shirt pocket.

Attachments

• $canant_021414 dragons_23.jpg
    $canant_021414 dragons_23.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Mostly use iPhone 5S as it's always with me... other than that it's a Leica Digilux 2 and, albeit rarely, a Minox B.

The most? I use a Toyo view 4x5, with a Nikkor 150mm lens. After that, it's a Nikon D90, then a Bronica ETRS

After 4 (!!!) years, I pulled my camera out of storage. I want to take shave of the day photos, now that I am knee-deep back into DE shaving and B&B. And retired by the beach.

Can you guess that I am no photographer? I used my camera for pictures of the mosaics and altars of old Roman churches, but I haven't been to Rome for too long a time.

It's a Nikon Coolpix p5100. Point and shoot. Not cheap. I love(d) it. It has a "Museum Setting," which is why I bought it. I turned it on today, and it lit up like a Christmas tree. One quick call to Nikon's (fabulous) help line, and I downloaded the software for my Mac. USB cable on the way.

So by next week, I hope to be up and running. I hope that if I fall apart, you kind guys might be able to give me a hand.

And I need to be able to take pictures of the cookies I bake in the Mess Hall cookie exchange!

Top Bottom