What's new

Trying to find the right blade

So, after using up the pack of blades I found under the sink in my granddad's old house (Personnas of some flavor)(so far like 90% of what I shave with was once my granddad's), I got a blade sampler pack. It included Feathers, Bluebirds, Bic Chrome Platinums, and Gillette 7 o'clocks. First I tried out the Feathers in my Fatboy set on 2. The results were quite good, very smooth shave with no nicks and basically no irritation. Today I tried out the bluebird in my Diplomat, and gosh, what a difference. I probably got more nicks than I have in total since I started wet shaving. None of them were too bad, and the final shave ended up being pretty smooth and absolutely no razor burn, but gosh, what a bloody mess that was. Not using that combo again.

It definitely takes time to find a blade that will offer the best results. I have found that the following do not work for me: Feathers and Astra SPs.

I do like the Gillette Silver Blues and the Personna Medical prep blades.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Time will reveal all. I have tried numerous different blade combo's with my razors and overtime I've narrowed down what works best for me. You will too.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
It takes time. On top of being Razor versus Blade, there's technique, product used and face. I rotate the head of a razor at the moment with the same brand of blade. I use the same products but the razor itself shows how different it can be and that's 1 variable in the formula.

Yes, it takes time and everyones face is different. For example, I love Bluebirds. They give me a nice smooth shave. Not BBS but very comfortable and an enjoyable shave. I've never enjoyed a shave with a Feather.

Top Bottom