What's new

German speaking folk .please help me order a Ralf Aust

Hi all,
After pondering whether to buy a 7/8 or 8/8 razor I'm trying to order a Ralf Aust 7/8 Spanish point razor, scaled in Olive wood, I cannot find a UK dealer that has this item instock and want to order direct.

I've manage to use Google translate to get me a far as finding the above razor but I cannot seem to work out all the options.

- Where it says 'Serrierter erl oben und unten', can I asume this is asking if i want a serated edge on the top and bottom of the tang?

- What does it mean when its says 'Heftform' or 'booklet form' in english? with the options moden or classic?

- and by back engraving (Ruckengravur)? would this be the engraving on the blade or tang?

I would like a 7/8 spanish point, with Olive wood scales, engraving and serations on the tang but No engraving on the blade (If the last option is possible?)

Many thanks in advanced.

Regards
Mark

I think I've figured out that booklet means the scales, as it meantion colourful horn booklet (English translated) in another section.

So can I asume classic would be rounded and modern the scales with a pointed end?

You're looking for "mit serriertem Erl, mit Rückengravur, Heftform Klassisch or Classic" (serated edge on the top and bottom of the tang, engraving on the tang, Handle would be classic (rounded) or modern (the left one). btw if you choose a option and you click on " Variante wählen" it then shows how the razor would look with that option. If you don't want engraving on the blade I believe you have to ask specifically

proxy.php

I ordered my 6/8 Ralf Aust by emailing him directly. My order was in English and it was understood and delivered as ordered. I'd just email him.

Das ist nicht gut. (Meine Deutchland sprechenze). That's about what I've retained from high school German. Sadly, my grandmother is fluent. As mentioned above, you can procure through SRD... Perhaps even ask them if they can order something special for you since they have the contact. Good luck!

All ordered and on its way. Many thanks everyone.

In the end I emailed Ralf direct, very helpful and quick in his responce. He seemed to understand everything I asked for.

Although his english is very broken, it is far better the the minial (less than five) words I can speak in German and was easy to understand.

I've ordered a spanish point, 7/8th with olive wood modern style scales. Serrations on the bottom and top of the tang and with no etching on the spine or blade (No etching on the blade was someting thats not normally an option, but why I'd emailed him).

I saw a prototype in a review elsewhere and thought it looked nicer with no etching on the blade.

I will let you all know when it arrives....now the wait!!

I hope you have better luck ordering directly from Herr Aust than I did!

After numerous attemps to make contact, trying everything, I just gave up!

I hope you have better luck ordering directly from Herr Aust than I did!

After numerous attemps to make contact, trying everything, I just gave up!

I found Aust responded very efficiently by e-mail, but trying to call his listed number in the hope that someone might pick up I never had any luck and always got the answering machine instead.

It arrived today and all the specifics I asked for are correct….I'm excited and defiantly having a shave tonight!!

$photo.jpg

Really nice and classy looking. I look forward to hearing about the shave! Let us know how it went if you could.

The verdict is..... It's a Winner.

The weight was nice and it went through the hairs like butter.

I struggled slightly with stropping the razor as the neck of the blade is thick and square, but I think this is more to do with my technique.

Top Bottom