What's new

How often should you shave?

Every morning. It is a ritual that makes me feel clean, neat, and "human". In my cartridge and disposable days I would often skip days to let my face recover from the tugging, pulling and discomfort. In my - AARGH!!!! - electric days, I would often take a day (or days) off to let my face recover. In both cases I felt scruffy and self-conscious. DE wet shaving gives me close comfortable shaves, and my wife says my face is much more touchable.

I've progressed from every other day to M-F (morning). It still amazes me that I can now shave 5 consecutive days. I love it and I look forward to it. Now I almost feel dirty if I don't shave.

I shave every morning during the week for my face and every night of the week for my head. I am really slow shaving my head or I get cut. On weekends I typically take Saturday off unless I have something planned.

I have always looked at shaving as a chore. Finding pleasure in it is a new thing that places like B&B have helped me find. But it doesn't matter which kind of razor you use, I prefer DE & SE... I shave 2 or 3 times per week in the morning, and always immediately after a shower... Basically as little as I can get away with.

Last edited:
Every morning. Have to look good for the job. Sometimes I might be a bit lazy and skip Saturday but by Sunday morning I can't wait to shave. I just don't like the feel or the look of a couple of days growth.

There is not really a "should" involved. Most men shave every work morning. I'm retired, so I shave when I want to, not when I should. Sometimes every day for a bit, sometimes I let it grow for two days. It's such a relaxing ritual, I look forward to it.

Everyday in the morning! I like shaving so much that sometimes I shave before shower right after waking up! I select next day razor every night and load it! I might be crazy about this but I see it as one of very few treats I can still receive!

I'm echoing what most others have said here as well: it depends on your needs and your face.

For me, I tend to shave in the evenings. I'm typically less rushed, and my wife gets to enjoy the benefits. My office is fairly laid back for appearance standards, so I'm not even required to shave every day.

That being said, I've been shaving less often now because I've been working out in the evenings. This morning, due to an appt, I had to come in late to work. I took advantage and shaved this morning instead, and enjoy the fresh feeling. So perhaps I'm in transition. :)

I usually shave M/W/F. I tend to skip the weekend, unless we go out to dinner. If something comes up Tuesday/Thursday evening I will do a quick shave after work.

When I started DE shaving I would shave at night. It gave me time and allowed my face to heal if something went wrong. As my technique and prep improved I've been able to shave in the mornings (two passes) with no problems.

Honestly, only you can say. I can't manage to shave every day, and on days I do it tends to be in the late morning or early afternoon, after I finish my daily workout. Every once in a great while, I will have an occasion that may force me to shave two days in a row. Since it's rare, it doesn't cause too much trouble, if I'm careful. 48 hours rest afterwards does a world of good. But, as in all things, YMMV.

I like to shave everyday unless I got irritated for some reason, then I'll skip a day. I don't really need to shave that often, but it's something I look forward to and really enjoy so unless I'm in a rush I'm a daily shaver.

I usually do it in the morning, but if I'm pressed for time I'll do it in the evening.

I shave every single day after shower before breakfast! I cant start my day without a shave. During the weekend I shave with with more aggressive razors spending enough time on prep. Getting extra close perfect shave! It works like a cup of excellent coffee in the morning!

Top Bottom