What's new

RazoRock Stealth Slant Explorer Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
$018.jpg

"Thx for sharing your comments - Would you be able to upload of picture with a blade loaded. I would like to see how the blade aligns with the top cap and bottom plate so I can make sure mine is loaded the same way."

How's that? There is a wee bit of adjustment you can make but its pretty much precision machined. I suggest loading the blade in the cap, then placing the body on and squeezing the two together, then screwing the handle on.

1) I am used to using OC razors, mostly I like the English 7 o clock and English New LC.

2) Face feel is much smoother with the slant. If I can pull off what I did today with the slant tomorrow, the OC's will take a move to the back shelf. I may just pull them out and try them with the Slant handle, That handle is great!

3)I want to try a Feather blade and Med prep next, maybe then a Voskhod, but sometimes my first shave with the Voskhod blade is a bit rough. I've got some Rapira platinum Lux's that I want to give a go with also.

4) The Beach, Slick, lathers super easy, smells really complex, I think I get the beach idea but it almost seems like there is allot going on there, its sweeter smelling, I can smell the suntan lotion smell, but no hotdogs and thongs, lol.

My container of The beach has 2 layers, the top layer is about 1/8" thick and almost cream colored and the bottom layer is the same color as glycerin soap.

How aggressive is it compared to other slants? Anything stand out in blade flex ,exposure, and gap?

Too funny, I also have a Stealth, The Beach and Italian Citrus on their way to me right now...looks like we made the same order lol. Thanks for the review, it sounds awesome and I'm really looking forward to getting mine tomorrow!

You're in Toronto, how the heck did I get mine before you?
I also got another tub of Moroccan secret to send to a buddy of mine, love that stuff!

How aggressive is it compared to other slants? Anything stand out in blade flex ,exposure, and gap?

I tried a Fasan and a Merkur for about a week each, I found the Fasan aggressive to the point that it was irritating by the time I was done, it was bakelite so maybe they wear out, The Merkur I just didn't like,

The RR slant did not have any blade flex. I didn't find it overly aggressive only efficient.
Blade gap tapers. I'm a automotive restorer and could measure easy enough, but I'm not in the shop.

Dang missed out on this too lol I need to quit school and just sit on b&b all day

Actually, this is a RazoRock product that was put out through Italian Barber. It has nothing to do with B&B, just so happens that (from what I can tell) most of the folks who purchased them are B&B members.

Didnt know they were testing though never saw :/

Yeah, I think that's because most of the buzz about this razor on B&B was in this THREAD, in the "Vendor Items For Sale" section of the marketplace. It's actually been up for a few months, but I don't think that section of the forum gets as much traffic as the "General" section. Joe released the details through his Twitter and Facebook accounts, but a lot of folks don't follow those either. Come to think about it, I don't recall seeing any chatter about this razor in any other place on this forum other than the thread I linked. I think people were trying to keep it quiet so there was less competition :wink2:.

How's that? There is a wee bit of adjustment you can make but its pretty much precision machined. I suggest loading the blade in the cap, then placing the body on and squeezing the two together, then screwing the handle on.

Awesome. Thanks for the picture and the early preview. I don't like the idea of messing with the alignment (hate messing around with blades) so it's good to hear that the tolerances are pretty tight. Look forward to trying it as well as The Beach later this week. Maybe I'll grow out my beard for it.

I received mine today, and here are my initial thoughts. I will reserve my final comments until I've used this razor for 1-2 weeks, after which I send Joe my comments and update you all. I've been growing my whiskers for 4 days in anticipation of this razor.

Equipment and Results:
-RazoRock Slant, RazoRock "The Beach" (very nice, smells like sunscreen), Polsilver SI, Fine XXX Aftershave
-Ended up doing 3 passes (WTG, XTG, ATG), and ended up with a near BBS (similar to any other aggressive razor).
-Zero nicks, weepers, but very minor irritation. Although its aggressive, this looks like a safe and easy shaver, and *might* be suitable for newbies as a second razor.

My Thoughts:
-The razor is extraordinarily light, and provides and excellent grip. Although I enjoyed the light weight, it will take some adjustment as I had the tendency to push down. I had slightly difficulty in simply letting the razor do all the work.
-The razor is aggressive, but feels mild/safe (similar to Merkur 37/39), I'm thinking its more aggressive than the Merkur, but feels just as smooth, if not smoother. To me its clearly much less aggressive than the Muhle 41 (2013), and feels much safer.
-The narrow shaving angle is harder to pinpoint than some other razors (more so than the Merkur slants), or else the razor won't cut effectively.

I'm extremely grateful to have been a part of this slant explorer program, and hopefully my final comments can provide better feedback on this razor.

Edit: I forgot to add that I'm very pleased with the razor design. It seems to provide the right combination of aggressiveness and safety, and might replace the Muhle R41 (2013) as my daily driver.

Last edited:
I received mine today, and here are my initial thoughts. I will reserve my final comments until I've used this razor for 1-2 weeks, after which I send Joe my comments and update you all. I've been growing my whiskers for 4 days in anticipation of this razor.

Equipment and Results:
-RazoRock Slant, RazoRock "The Beach" (very nice, smells like sunscreen), Polsilver SI, Fine XXX Aftershave
-Ended up doing 3 passes (WTG, XTG, ATG), and ended up with a near BBS (similar to any other aggressive razor).
-Zero nicks, weepers, but very minor irritation. Although its aggressive, this looks like a safe and easy shaver, and *might* be suitable for newbies as a second razor.

My Thoughts:
-The razor is extraordinarily light, and provides and excellent grip. Although I enjoyed the light weight, it will take some adjustment as I had the tendency to push down. I had slightly difficulty in simply letting the razor do all the work.
-The razor is aggressive, but feels mild/safe (similar to Merkur 37/39), I'm thinking its more aggressive than the Merkur, but feels just as smooth, if not smoother. To me its clearly less aggressive than the Muhle 41 (2013), and feels much safer.
-The narrow shaving angle is harder to pinpoint than some other razors (more so than the Merkur slants), or else the razor won't cut effectively.

I'm extremely grateful to have been a part of this slant explorer program, and hopefully my final comments can provide better feedback on this razor.

Thanks! I envy you Canadian guys... I'm getting excited to try mine!
Nice to see that characteristic smoothness that slants provide during shave. It cracks me up how so many think the slant is some evil, face ripping piece of equipment. Its not, its a great, efficient design.

Don't Fear the Reaper!

Equipment and Results:

My Thoughts:
-The razor is aggressive, but feels mild/safe (similar to Merkur 37/39), I'm thinking its more aggressive than the Merkur, but feels just as smooth, if not smoother. To me its clearly much less aggressive than the Muhle 41 (2013), and feels much safer.

Edit: I forgot to add that I'm very pleased with the razor design. It seems to provide the right combination of aggressiveness and safety, and might replace the Muhle R41 (2013) as my daily driver.

Just a quick comment...

When we were playing with the geometry of the head, our intention was to design a "daily driver" razor that could offer an efficient but even more importantly, a very comfortable shave.

View attachment 439667

"Thx for sharing your comments - Would you be able to upload of picture with a blade loaded. I would like to see how the blade aligns with the top cap and bottom plate so I can make sure mine is loaded the same way."

Many thanks!

Many thanks!

no problem,

There will be more to come and plenty more feedback as others get these gems in their hands. I just want to use this RRSS for a few weeks now and really dial it in especially with some heavy growth, It won't be too hard as the quality of shave I got this morning was spot on.
I can see why Joe says he hasn't been able to put this one away.

You're in Toronto, how the heck did I get mine before you?
I also got another tub of Moroccan secret to send to a buddy of mine, love that stuff!

It actually arrived today, just a little later...shipped yesterday arrived today :)

Tomorrow's shave will officially be Stealthy! I ordered some Kramperts Frostbite at the same time...I've always wanted to try it but i think tomorrow will be Beach and Fine, save the Frostbite for a day i don't use the Beach...

Out here waiting in Northern California...not shaving until The Stealth arrives! Figuring it would be best to try with a few days growth? BTW Krampert's Frostbite is my favorite.

lol im also letting it grow till it gets here. hopefully it will not take to long or ill not be kissing my wife lol she is one that does not like facial hair when its rough and mine is about as rough as it gets. ill be doing direct comparisons to the ikon and merkur 37. i have found i like my slants and the ikon is my top choice still at this time so lets see if this de-thrones it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom