What's new

A Break from Replating

mswofford

Rest in Peace
There go my dreams of Rhodium. Rhodium is the finish I wanted on my English Goodwill, black nickel on another and rose gold on a third. Truly a sad day, but best of luck to you Dave.

And then there was one.....but at least we have a good one left. Now to talk him into more finishes.
Jeff; My dreams too, I knew I'd be too late!:blink:

Best wishes to you and your new venture!

As for replating options . . . nocutsnonicksnoweepers for nickel, and . . . Reliable Electroplating? Red Sky Replating? One member, I believe, used Red Sky for a rose gold option but I know nothing about them otherwise. Their website lists rhodium and silver, but they look like a jewelry site rather than a dedicated razor replater.

We could also bombard nocutsnonicksnoweepers with requests to start replating in gold and rhodium. :thumbup:

Best of luck to you! I hope that when I'm finally able to afford replating one of my Fatboys in rhodium, that you're able to take on razor replates again. You have my deepest respect for the wonders that you work.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the kind words. I'll be starting the new job in June, so just wanted to get everything currently in the queue completed. Once I get settled and can estimate work loads, travel requirements etc, I'm sure I can do some plating etc.

Best wishes

Dave

mswofford

Rest in Peace

As for replating options . . . nocutsnonicksnoweepers for nickel, and . . . Reliable Electroplating? Red Sky Replating? One member, I believe, used Red Sky for a rose gold option but I know nothing about them otherwise. Their website lists rhodium and silver, but they look like a jewelry site rather than a dedicated razor replater.

We could also bombard nocutsnonicksnoweepers with requests to start replating in gold and rhodium. :thumbup:
And chrome and black chrome and rose gold! Consider him bombarded!:001_smile

New jobs are always a mixture of eager anticipation and anxiety but I, and all the rest of the B&B'ers, wish you the best and hope you can get back to your 'hobby' without too long a hiatus.

Rats.

Like so many here, I simply waited until "I have a few more to send him" and waited too long.

Best of luck!

Who is still replating???????

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the kind words. I'll be starting the new job in June, so just wanted to get everything currently in the queue completed. Once I get settled and can estimate work loads, travel requirements etc, I'm sure I can do some plating etc.

Best wishes

Dave

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

best of luck i have a few i wanted to send you but wanted to send out more than just one at a time you work was always stunning!!

Good luck Dave.
Let us know when you can do replates again. Many of us won't mind waiting a lot longer than the usual 3 weeks turn around if it means getting razors back from you without so much pressure.

Chris (nocuts.......) is now doing rhodium and gold. So our full range os options is now available stateside.

As was said above, nocutsnonicksnoweepers will be replating in gold (yay!) and rhodium alongside nickel. See other thread. I haven't ever had Chris replate a razor, but the feedback that I've heard and pictures that I've seen are impressive.

Reliable Electroplating is the only other vendor I'd really consider currently, but given some of the delay/customer service stories, I'd put them at second place (obviously, Krona, onotoman, and (though I haven't used them) ATT are top tier but aren't on the current list since they are out for the time being).

Someone had a razor done at Red Sky (I think they do rose gold), but their website seems to be primarily a jewelry replating site so I have no idea on their razor replating skills/experience. Nick at Sport Shaving sold me 2 of my de-plated News (a rewarding experience and a nice guy) but I haven't seen or heard of anyone who has used him for replating (or restoration) specifically.

Any other options I'm missing for a quality razor restorer/replater (that has not been banned from B&B)?

Top Bottom