What's new

Dominica - Captains Choice - Ogallala

Are all of these equally as good? I have a feeling they are, just wish I knew which I'll like most prior to making the purchase. I'm definitely not getting all 3 and assume they're all great for spring summer and go great with a good lime soap or cream. Any comments to help with my decision?

Last edited:
Not sure I'll help at all, because the only one I've tried is the Captains Choice CO9T... Love it, scent, performance, everything... Its got a bit of initial burn, but leaves my skin feeling great. The missus loves the scent, and it winds up being a very mild scent once its on. I don't think its clovey at all, and my wife thinks it smells quite a bit like the bay rum and sweet orange soap I use from ogallala from time to time. They are a great combination/complement.

Captains choice = great, good balance, not too clovey, priced right, glass bottle, good summer or winter.

Ogalalla - I got the sample pack and really liked them but found them a bit drying, Not that that is a bad thing, but I prefer it more in summer as opposed to winter when the air is dry.
I'd suggest a $20 sample pack if you want to try Ogallala and zero in on your favourite.

Dominica - I found the scent weak and what little scent was there was short lived.

All three are excellent in my opinion. I do think Dominica has a less powerful scent, but there are days when I want that. Plus, Dominica (at least the bottle I have) has a corked stopper on top and I find that the cork smell, intentional or not, adds something to it.

I have and like all 3 of them. Very tough to rate. Probably CC first, Dominca 2nd, and Ogallala 3rd. The only reason Ogallala is 3rd is because the aftershave seems to separate very easily and you have to shake it quite a bit each time before using. Other than that, they are all 3 very good.

I agree with the comment about Ogallala separating. It doesn't take much shaking to mix it up. I do thing the plain aftershave is fairly weak, but the cologne lasts a good time. The limes and peppercorn scent is my favorite. I haven't noticed that it is particularly drying, but my skin is oily.

I think the latter two are superior, but that's me. Dominica definitely has a following. I wholeheartedly recommend CC and Ogallala (limes and peppercorn, sage and cedar).

I have all three and they are somewhat different in scent

Ogallala is kind if sweet. Reminds me of eggnog or something. I really like it.

CC is spicier

Dominica is more vegetal. It also doesn't last. Even sort of but you get a bunch.

Skim wise, they are all similar. Just smell and booze. The Ogallala has witch hazel too, but that doesn't seem to make much difference

I'm looking to place my order, but vintage blades is show a different picture of captain's. I think it's the older bottle when this product was first introduced. I want to be sure before ordering that I'll be getting the newer bottle. Below is the picture vintage blades is showing.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398250706.655007.jpg

Captain changed his labeling, but not the product.

Captain had more burn, ogallala smells sweeter. Ogallala will last hours on me. Never tried dominica. Ogallala is not very moisturizing, but doesn't burn as much as Captain.

Top Bottom