What's new

Trying to complete my Birthday Gillettes - Help Needed

I've read the wiki and all I can find ... I've distilled it down to this:

For my birth year (1965) the wiki says following were made:
  • Tech
  • Flare Tip Super-Speed
  • Slim Adjustable
  • Lady Gillette

I have the Slim and the SS, still can't find the K4 Tech. Of the Tech though I see there (might be) is different kinds. Do all of these apply?

• Standard Ball-End
  • Heavy Tech
  • Travel Tech

I've read the wiki and all I can find ... I've distilled it down to this:

For my birth year (1965) the wiki says following were made:
  • Tech
  • Flare Tip Super-Speed
  • Slim Adjustable
  • Lady Gillette

I have the Slim and the SS, still can't find the K4 Tech. Of the Tech though I see there (might be) is different kinds. Do all of these apply?

• Standard Ball-End
  • Heavy Tech
  • Travel Tech
Just because Gillette was making a particular model in 1965 does not mean that they made a significant number in every quarter. I have been looking for a Flair Tip SS and a Tech made in my birth/year quarter for a long time. I have never seen a single example of either one, not even in other people's collections. I guess in that particular quarter, Gillette must have been concentrating on making adjustables.

I have been looking for a Flair Tip SS and a Tech made in my birth/year quarter for a long time. I have never seen a single example of either one, not even in other people's collections. I guess in that particular quarter, Gillette must have been concentrating on making adjustables.

Was Gillette even making Flair Tip SS's when the first Council of Nicaea was convened? :001_tt2: :lol:

Just because Gillette was making a particular model in 1965 does not mean that they made a significant number in every quarter. I have been looking for a Flair Tip SS and a Tech made in my birth/year quarter for a long time. I have never seen a single example of either one, not even in other people's collections. I guess in that particular quarter, Gillette must have been concentrating on making adjustables.
Fair enough ... and you know it's not like I've had eBay alerts for a year telling me the moment one pops up either. It's a "casual obsession" so I look every once in a while. I'm more trying to confirm that my understanding of what they were making.

Was Gillette even making Flair Tip SS's when the first Council of Nicaea was convened? :001_tt2: :lol:
Ouch!

I looked for a birth year Flair Tip for a year or so before one popped up on the bay. Since then, all of a sudden I spotted three more. Go figure . They must not have made many Super Speeds in 1962.

Top Bottom