What's new

Pacific Shaving Company Caffeinated Shaving products.

After seeing these products mentioned on here one day I looked them up and found that I can purchase them at a local grocery store. I stopped by yesterday and bought the shaving cream, aftershave and a nick stick. The nick stick is a cool idea though I haven't cut myself in quite a while so I have no idea how well it works but that's for another post. The shaving cream and aftershave both have a light minty smell that is quite nice and subtle enough that the cream should mix well with any soap as a super lather component. The cream lathers up quickly and with minimal effort. I got decent lather out of it though I think I need to dial in the amount of water I add to it for maximum comfort. I found the aftershave to be on the heavy side so a little goes a very long way. It did leave my face nice and soft with very little irritation. As far as the wake up factor of the caffeine its really hard to tell a difference to be honest. My morning shaving routine combined with a decent nights sleep wakes me up just fine without caffeine. All in all I think this is a good product and since I can get it locally and pretty cheaply I see no reason not to keep it in stock.

I tried the new shaving cream this past week. It does have a nice light minty smell like a stick of chewing gum. There is a slight chill of menthol, but not much. A bit like Proraso soap. It did lather up quite easily, but the lather was a bit light so I may have to play around a bit with the water. I had a great shave with it so there was enough slickness & cushion. If you're looking for something really moisturizing, I don't think this cream is it, but I have oily skin so it was nice for me. I can't say I loved it, but it is a very nice shaving cream.

So I've now tried this stuff in superlathers with several of my favorite soaps and wow. I will be keeping this cream in stock for adding a small bit to my morning shave. The lather is superb and the scent is light and actually compliments every soap scent I've tried it with.

So I've now tried this stuff in superlathers with several of my favorite soaps and wow. I will be keeping this cream in stock for adding a small bit to my morning shave. The lather is superb and the scent is light and actually compliments every soap scent I've tried it with.
Thanks for this! I've been wondering about this for quite some time.

Can anyone attest to the decrease in redness?

I will say that when I use the cream in a superlather and then mix just a small dab of the aftershave in with one of my splashes it definitely does help. Not to mention it feels great on your skin. The aftershave is a little heavy but its not so bad if I mix it with the splash.

I really like the Pacific Shaving Co. Pre-Shave Oil. It's a little pricey IMHO but to each his own, and by the time you would pay shipping for any of the Pre-Shave Oil's out there on Amazon or Etsy.

This line is now available through target. $4.99 for the cream. Seems like a good deal. I'll be picking some up to try it out.

As far as the wake up factor of the caffeine its really hard to tell a difference to be honest. My morning shaving routine combined with a decent nights sleep wakes me up just fine without caffeine.

Topical application of caffeine is not intended to wake you up the same way as if you were to ingest it. The caffeine functions as a vasoconstrictor, which, when used topically, theoretically decreases redness, puffiness and inflammation. Whether or not it actually does is another matter.

Edit: Oops...I just noticed this thread is nearly a year old.

I've used it a couple of times and I really like the smell. I tried it with a brush and the lather looked good in the bowl, but it was a little runny when I put it on my face. I think that was probably my fault for adding too much water. It is not a thirsty cream.

I've used it brushless as well when I was in a hurry a couple of mornings. It's slick and rinses off of the razor well. It just doesn't provide much cushion when applied without a brush. It worked well with my Feather AS-D2, but I'm not sure I would use it that way with a more aggressive razor. I have really sensitive skin though, so I need all of the protection I can get.

It seems that at least here, Rite Aid replaced Real Shaving Company with the Pacific Shaving.

Same here. I was at Rite Aid last night to pick up some Nivea or RSC and both are gone in favor of this. I picked some up to give it a test run.

I picked up a tube of this stuff the other day, along with the aftershave balm, and tried it out this morning. Honestly, it was as good of a shave as I've ever had. I thought I squeezed out a little too much product into the bowl when I was going to make my lather, but it didn't really make as much lather as I was anticipating. Still had plenty enough for 3 passes and a little touch-up. The lather itself was a bit on the...how should I say...light side? Just not very thick. Yet, I feel like it did a more than ample job of protecting my face while I shaved. I had zero weepers and zero irritation, even on my neck, and I got an amazing BBS shave from it. Undecided if the caffeine is to thank, or my technique was just spot-on this morning. I splashed on some good 'ole Old Spice afterwards and there was practically no sting at all, it was great.

The aftershave balm is also rather nice, although a bit on the thick side...more like a lotion. I'd recommend applying it with either wet hands or a wet face so it spreads more easily. Lightly mint-scented, and it faded quickly and gave way to the wonderful fragrance of the Old Spice which I enjoyed throughout the morning.

I would definitely recommend trying this stuff. On another note, the tubes are only 3 oz. which makes them "carry-on legal" if you're travelling by air.

Same here. I was at Rite Aid last night to pick up some Nivea or RSC and both are gone in favor of this. I picked some up to give it a test run.

Thanks for the ditto. I wrote to RSC to verify and they told me Rite Aid just terminated an 8 year marketing agreement but didn't share any reasons with me. When I first saw it on clearance, I drove to 4 Rite Aid stores to scoop up what was left but only 1 had any left (1 cream and 1 aftershave and I bought both). Later I was in another town and looked at 2 stores but no dice. Curiously, the other town didn't have any PSC either.

The shaving cream is ok, scent reminds me of toothpaste. The aftershave is too thick for me, but makes a good hand lotion..

Top Bottom