What's new

Newb waiting for my gear to arrive

Hey guys,
Came across this forum when I was googling safety razors because I had become interested. I've read up on a bit here but still have much to learn.
I will start by saying my skin has been acne/blemish prone since my teens and I am attributing my latest bumps to shaving irritation. I used to exclusively use electric shavers but switched to cartridges and 'canned goo' (as i see you call it). I enjoy having a closer shave which I feel I cant get with an electric. Still I find cartridges don't get as close as I would like and cause me irritation (not necessarily rash like but bumps and soreness).
This is why I have decided to give DE a go. Oh an I am currently 22 and I am from Melbourne, Australia.

This is what I have purchased an is on it's way to me now. I'm hoping this is ample and decent enough to start with?
Maggard Razors Budget Starter Kit (Build your Own!) × 1$35.01
Maggard Razors Safety Razors (Variable Product) × 1Razor:MR1Included with:Maggard Razors Budget Starter Kit (Build your Own!)Subtotal: $14.36
Budget Kit Brush Options (Variable Product) × 1Brush:Omega 13564Included with:Maggard Razors Budget Starter Kit (Build your Own!)Subtotal: $7.87
Budget Kit Cream Options (Variable Product) × 1Cream:proraso White (Bowl)Included with:Maggard Razors Budget Starter Kit (Build your Own!)Subtotal: $8.78
Styptic or Alum × 1Styptic or Alum:Clubman Jumbo Styptic PencilIncluded with:Maggard Razors Budget Starter Kit (Build your Own!)Subtotal: $2.00
Astra Superior Platinum Double Edge Blades (5 blades) × 1Included with:Maggard Razors Budget Starter Kit (Build your Own!)Subtotal: $0.75
Shark Super Stainless Double Edge Razor blades (5 blades) × 1Included with:Maggard Razors Budget Starter Kit (Build your Own!)Subtotal: $1.25
Astra Superior Platinum Double Edge Blades (5 blades) × 5$3.75
Proraso Pre & Post Cream Menthol and Eucalyptus – New Formula × 1

I've had a bit of a look through the shavewiki and mantic's videos but is there any other essential reading/resources I should have a look at?

Thanks!
Bev.

Hey Bev,
Looks like you've got a sweet set coming your way. Just wanted to say welcome to the forum and I hope you're ready for some great shaves! Your first couple will be a little tough, but you'll definitely get used to it with patience.
Good kid and be safe!
-Adam

Its great to have you! You happened on to the best shaving community on the net. If you have any questions you know where to look now, but judging on your choices of wet shaving gear it looks as though you have a pretty good handle on things. Enjoy your shave!

Cheers guys, good to know I have bought some decent gear.
I'm sure I'll be back soon with feedback and plenty of questions haha ;)

G'day and welcome here. This is a great forum and you'll learn a ton here. Nice starting set-up. Let us know how the shaving goes and good luck, mate.

Welcome to the club. Glad to have you aboard. In addition to Mantic59's videos on YouTube, you might also want to watch Geofatboy's tutorials.

Welcome. Just be careful with your first couple of shaves to not use too much pressure. A DE blade will do the work for you, you don't need to push on it like a cartridge shaver. (And if you do push on it, you will likely be displeased with the outcome.)

Top Bottom