What's new

what do you use for getting hair off your ears?

I don't like power tools.

My nose hair started bothering me a few years ago and I used to pluck the hairs out. I read that is the worst thing -- can lead to infection and so after some research, I bought a pair of scissors with rounded tips and that seems to work well. I came across another special tool, but I don't think I really need that.
http://www.bullgooseshaving.com/groom-mate-platinum-xl-nose-ear-trimmer/

However, the hair on the outside of the ears, while some unsightly, isn't bothersome. It usually gets removed when I visit the barber for a haircut, but if I go for long periods without a haircut, I see hair growing all over my ears. Scissors don't do the job.

Do you use anything to get the hair off your ears? If so, I'd like to know what.

I just use a beard trimmer I bought on the cheap because I needed to do some body grooming before I came home to the wife. It only cost around $10 at the Navy Exchange but I've seen it for about the same price at Walmart and Target. Just check out the men's grooming section of either of the stores.
If you're REALLY against power tools.. I've got no clue.

I use an electric beard and eyebrow trimmer.

Dovo makes a trimmer just like that bullsoose one. I was actually going to buy one a while back, but it has hundreds of 1 star ratings from amazon.

The main complaint is that it just doesn't work as well as either scissors or electric trimmers do. It can also hurt pretty bad because it apparently had a tendency to pull rather than cut.

I hate to admit it, but I use my old Gillette Fusion. It's safe enough to use very lightly on your ears after wetting them (the blue soap strip provides enough slickness). If you use too much pressure, though, you will cut yourself.

I got the battery beard trimmer, picked one up that came with a nose hair attachment, pretty much very narrow trimmer blades. I use it for nose, ears, touch up after haircuts.

I use a type g injector. The head is small enough to fit all my ear crevaces and shaving lasts much longer than trimming.

A Gillette Proglide Styler or the flame...

$flame.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Wahl-5537-1801-Cordless-Battery-Operated/dp/B0015KHMRS

I've had one of these for about 8 years. When I bought mine, it did not come with the smaller clipper for the nose so I can't rate that. The rest, however, works great. No cord to worry about and for an electric clipper its not too loud. The clipper guards allow me to neaten up my eyebrows and over the ears between trips to the barber. I use it without a guard to trim the nose, ears, and sideburns. Nice tool and hard to beat the price at $10. I picked mine up at Wal Mart for $9 and some change....

I hate to admit it, but I use my old Gillette Fusion. It's safe enough to use very lightly on your ears after wetting them (the blue soap strip provides enough slickness). If you use too much pressure, though, you will cut yourself.
+1. That's why I keep at least one Fusion razor and blade around. Does a great job on the hairs around the outside of the ears. For the ones that grow out from the canal I use a scissors to trim.

I came across another special tool, but I don't think I really need that.
http://www.bullgooseshaving.com/groom-mate-platinum-xl-nose-ear-trimmer/

I purchased the product you linked from Italian Barber about 4 months ago. I wanted to try it after being disappointed in electric trimmers. Battery power is useless, they die so frequently.

It took a little getting used to, but it works perfectly, I find it to be an excellent tool for hair removal around the ears etc.

Just takes a little practice in using it. Worth it in my opinion.

I use an electric beard and eyebrow trimmer.

Dovo makes a trimmer just like that bullsoose one. I was actually going to buy one a while back, but it has hundreds of 1 star ratings from amazon.

The main complaint is that it just doesn't work as well as either scissors or electric trimmers do. It can also hurt pretty bad because it apparently had a tendency to pull rather than cut.

I read the reviews on Amazon also, but after using it I did not find fault in the design.

It is a different idea, so it will take some practice. You hold it differently, and at first it feels awkward.

Top Bottom