What's new

Post your Easter Sunday shave!

Hello Gents, and happy Easter to you and your families. Today is very special to me and so is the shave. I'd love to see your Easter Sunday shaves so please post some pictures...here's mine!

$easter shave.jpg

Happy Easter!
$uploadfromtaptalk1398017615629.jpg
E4 Fat Boy with a Gillette Silver Blue blade
Semogue 620
Ogallala Bay Rum, Sage & Cedar (face lathered)
RazoRock Problem Solver
Pinaud VIBR
(Stirling Pre Shave oil and Alum Block not pictured)

I don't have pictures, but mine was as follows:

EJ89 with Supermax blade, once used.
RubberSet restored with synthetic knot
Ogallala Bay Rum and Sandalwood soap
Captain's Choice Cat O'Nine Tails

I have gone two days without shaving, and Sunday is my 4 pass luxury shave. But the Supermax didn't agree with the EJ89 for some reason. I still got a DFS, but had two cuts that I noticed before going to Church. Still I have smooth Cheeks and jaw.
I do have a picture of my brush, however.
$IMG_20140331_110834.jpg

I love it. It doesn't have strong bay rum scent, but it's there in the background. It's a very mild fragrance to my nose. My wife likes it as well.

Well after having some major surgery for a large abdominal hernia on Tuesday, spending 3 days in the hospital and just now getting a chance for a nice shave which I really needed bad, I chose a Gillette Silver Blue for todays shave. It turned out to be a great choice.

$Easter shave 1.jpg

Whipped up a frankenlather with Williams and Real Shaving Company cream using a Semogue 620 boar brush. EJ DE87 razor loaded with a Voskhod blade (2nd shave). Pinaud VIBR after shave. DFS.

$P1010350.jpg

I love it. It doesn't have strong bay rum scent, but it's there in the background. It's a very mild fragrance to my nose. My wife likes it as well.

Great! I was having some trouble lathering it, until I read on their website to make it more of a paste than foam, so I did that and had an excellent shave. Very happy with their soap (now...).

Great! I was having some trouble lathering it, until I read on their website to make it more of a paste than foam, so I did that and had an excellent shave. Very happy with their soap (now...).
I have the bath soap and deodorant as well. Which I used today along with the shave soap.

No time for a photo, but BBS using:

Prewar Tech / Feather / Stirling Balck Ice / Semogue 1305 / Aqua Velva Ice Blue / Nivea ASB

I have the bath soap and deodorant as well. Which I used today along with the shave soap.

How long does the bath soap last? Price per bar is kinda high, for me... I had a bar in my shopping cart yesterday but removed it before I placed the order. I'm kind of regretting it now.

Hope everyone is having an enjoyable Easter with their families and / or friends!!

Razor #1: EJ DE8911& Astra SP Blade 1st Pass
Razor #2: Gillette Tech Ball End & Astra SP Blade 2nd Pass
Razor #3: Gillette Super Speed & Polsilver Blade 3rd Pass & Touch Up
Osma Shaving Soap with Alum
Omega 11126 Boar Brush
Niveva Beard Buster Face Scrub
Pre Shave Oil Home made
Gillette After Shave Balm
Tea Tree After Shave & Bump Preventer

$DSCF0577.jpg

Hope everyone is having an enjoyable Easter with their families and / or friends!!

Razor #1: EJ DE8911& Astra SP Blade 1st Pass
Razor #2: Gillette Tech Ball End & Astra SP Blade 2nd Pass
Razor #3: Gillette Super Speed & Polsilver Blade 3rd Pass & Touch Up
Osma Shaving Soap with Alum
Omega 11126 Boar Brush
Niveva Beard Buster Face Scrub
Pre Shave Oil Home made
Gillette After Shave Balm
Tea Tree After Shave & Bump Preventer

View attachment 438797

so.....why a different razor for each pass? Is that your norm or just for today?

Used my 1953 Gillette SS for the first time. I didn't know when I bought it, but it turns out to be my Dad's birthday razor. Loaded it with an Astra SP (another first), and face lathered Proraso green soap with my Omega 10066. The Astra seems to be forgiving and fairly sharp. This led to 3 passes even on my neck, plus buffing. Got my neck pretty clean, but lots of bumps showed up after. Oh well, I'm still pretty green at this. I can see why the Astra is popular, only one weeper from a fairly sharp blade. Happy Easter gents!

Top Bottom