What's new

Which Tie?

I have an interview an auditing interview on Monday. It is a standardized QAP interview.

I will be wearing a charcoal suit, black shoes/belt and a white shirt. I narrowed my tie choices down to three. I have a favorite, but would like to see what others think.

Thanks!

All 3 of the ties are Blue.
Left- Purple stripe
Middle - light blue stripe
Right - Gold/yellowish stripe

$20140419_185434.jpg

Last edited:
all 3 are nice, but would lean toward the red stripped one, 2nd choice the blue.

Good luck with your interview!

There isn't a red striped one. You mean the purple one on the left? All three are blue. The left has purple stripe, the middle has light blue stripe and the right has a gold/yellow stripe.

There isn't a red striped one. You mean the purple one on the left? All three are blue. The left has purple stripe, the middle has light blue stripe and the right has a gold/yellow stripe.

sorry, looked redish on my pad, I like purple, but would probably go with the blue then for an interview.

All are okay, but I like the middle one best.

Just okay? :(

Qap interview....blue all the way.

Ya it is my first of those kind. A bit nervous. Hard to prepare for it too. I get 15 mins prior to the interview to see the questions that will be asked. I am guessing majority, if not all of them, will be situational "what/how would you do" questions, rather than "why do you want this job?", "what is your weakness?", "why should we hire you?". Those types of questions are easy to prepare for. With QAP, it is hard to. Since it is auditing, I am sure there will be an auditing question, like the steps and procedures. And also probably a hypothetical situation and they would test my ethics by the response I give them.

The middle one looks nicer and more professional. Is this auditing as in Big Four auditing? If so, conservative (the blue tie) is probably the way to go.

The middle one looks nicer and more professional. Is this auditing as in Big Four auditing? If so, conservative (the blue tie) is probably the way to go.

Thanks. For me it was a toss up between the left and middle. Seems like people are preferring the middle one. Definitely the safe and conservative route. Which is what I am going for. And no, it is not a big 4 gig. It is a government position.

I know the trend seems to be favoring center and left, but the gold stripe appears much more federal to me, but I would have to see it against the suit. My two cents: stay away from purple for a government interview; though regal and close to my favorite color, it can be interpreted as weak or flamboyant in a business setting.

The blue one is good value, the purple one would be too sober and the gold one would make you look like an actor from the Sopranos.

I like the one on the right. Whatever you choose, make sure your clothes aren't wrinkled or rumpled. Also have BBS shave if you can.

Top Bottom