What's new

Shave Everyday With A Straight?

Okay. So do most of you gents shave everyday with a straight or do you skip days? Are any of you switch hitters between straights and DE razors?

Lately I have been using a straight razor more than De's. I stuck with straights only for a long time trying to improve my technique and learn to use it properly. I do like to mix it up though and will occasionally use a de once or twice a week.

Lately I've been going every other day... no particular reason. I spent months shaving with a straight every day with no issues.
A blade is a blade... if you can shave with a Mach3 every day, you can shave with a straight every day.

7 days a week. 365 a year (minus the month of february where my military unit does a beard growing contest as a fundraiser). Did i mention 5 passes a day?
Yeah I'm hard on my razors.

I have a buddy who has been at this for many more years than me and in 365 days and 5 passes a day i nulled all his years of experience.

For me its everyday unless I have to fly somewhere commercially, even then I check a couple razors and carry a DE in my carry-on (no blades) in case my luggage and I get separated.

For me its everyday unless I have to fly somewhere commercially, even then I check a couple razors and carry a DE in my carry-on (no blades) in case my luggage and I get separated.
Same for me, except I got a shavette instead of a DE in my carry on.

The everyday has a few exceptions, mostly on the weekends.

Same for me, except I got a shavette instead of a DE in my carry on.

The everyday has a few exceptions, mostly on the weekends.

I would go the shavette route, but I hate 1/2 DE blade shavettes. All I have is a Dovo Shavette at this point, and those blades aren't available everywhere. I just stick with a 4 piece travel razor if I have to.

Every day since the middle of last may. Except for about 15 or so days scattered around where I was traveling or learning to use a de. And a day last week when I tried a gilette guard.

Straights most every day (4 pass shave) but every once in a while, if in a real time crunch, I'll break out one of the DEs.

I used to shave 5-6 days a week until a couple of weeks ago, as I'm now working from home I'm only shaving 3-4 days a week. Used a straight exclusively for six months. It sounds like I'm the only straight shaver who has never used a DE, must be time to give that a go too :)

I occasionally get the urge to shave with a DE and I'll put the straights away for a week whilst I dust off a DE and use it for a week but apart from that, I'm an everyday straight shaver.

Top Bottom