What's new

Corrupting the young.

Picked up number two son from university today....

Whilst talking about my new hobby, he mentioned that straight shaving was cool & he wanted to give it a go :thumbup:

Suspected he might... Like myself he has always been fascinated by knives & such.

Anyway, I showed him my collection & we picked out a couple for him. The bad news at that point was that SWMBO found out that I had acquired twice as many razors as she had thought. :scared:

Tomorrow morning I will do a shave demo & walk him through his first SR shave. It will be the partially sighted leading the blind:001_tongu

Great stuff! My son has a Crown&Sword that I gave him.
I'm sure your son will never forget you taking him through a straight shave.
Magic :)

Great stuff! My son has a Crown&Sword that I gave him.

Coincidently one of the two razors I picked out for him is a Crown & Sword 6/8 hollow. The other is a C-MON 5/8 wedge.
We will see what he prefers....

Awesome. I think many of us are in the same boat with the wife. I have 4 straights. Wife only knows about one...and I plan to keep it that way for as long as possible.

Awesome. I think many of us are in the same boat with the wife. I have 4 straights. Wife only knows about one...and I plan to keep it that way for as long as possible.

I just stepped into the world of the straight razor (been wetshaving just over a year with a DE) this past week. SWMBO walked into the bathroom this morning and asked, "Why is there a piece of leather hanging from the towel rack?"

Kinda hard to hide the first one :biggrin1:

I have 3 girls. The oldest is tempted to try one on her legs.
I am working on getting something cute for her. I found a nice 4/8 in Palissander that I need to hone.

Well... The boy done well!

Full WTG pass with the Crown & Sword, nicked his right earlobe so not blood free. A couple of little patches left but only minor.

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
If it's a square point, make sure the point is muted (45-degree clip that's only as wide as the bevel). I occasionally do the same thing if I'm shaving with an un-muted point after shaving with round points or muted points. Done properly, it's difficult to see and makes a difference.

Cheers, Steve

Sweet! My father passed when I was six but I later acquired his brothers straights and had them restored and made shave ready from a generous member here. I can't wait to one day give him to a son I hope to have one day. Getting married in August and my fiancé wants me to get a straight when in Italy on our honeymoon. So maybe he'll get that one too haha. You seem like a cool dad!

Top Bottom