What's new

My Trifecta!

I think I have finally found my big 3 (Razor, Strop, and Brush). I was up to around 25 razors when I picked up my 7 day set. Now I have 10 in my rotation (including the 7-day set). The others are a 7/8 Fenney Tally-To wedge, a Wostenholm Faux-frameback (rescaled by Hesoo), and a Puma Gold. I have heard bad things about souvenir sets, and was worried when I picked this up as the box says "Souvenir of Solingen", but I couldn't pass it up. I'm thinking that the box is not original at this point, but either way, the razors hone and shave well enough that I have sold most of my other razors.

For a strop, I had been using a 3" Tony Miller Red Latigo Heirloom. I liked it well enough, though the draw was a heavy for my taste. I decided, that in addition to my new razor purchase and job, I needed a new strop. What I received in the mail today is my very possibly going to be my last strop (assuming I don't shred it). Today I got my 3" TM Grandpa's Strop. It's amazing, I couldn't be happier with it. Tony, if you're reading this, you Sir are a true craftsman!

My brush preference has been my longest running decision. I have tried most of the big names, and knots, fan, bulb, and hybrid. After my last BST sale, a member messaged me interested in trading his M&F Chief for a pair of razors that I had listed. I was tentative at first, I had basically decided that 2 band fans were my choice, and this is definitely not that. I agreed to the trade, knowing that I could get the value out of it if I didn't like it, and now find myself down to 3 brushes in rotation. The RV Finest Fan, and the Rooney gel tip are kinda being neglected actually. In the past I was a strict bowl latherer, only face lathering when necessary (travel). Now its just the opposite, I occasionally use my bowl to soak my brush....

All together now...

Now all I have to do is build a new box for the razors, and maybe a stand for the brush, and I'm in business. (and maybe a rescale...)

If you work real hard at it, I bet you can actually shave with that stuff. :wink2:

Very nice set up you have there.

If you work real hard at it, I bet you can actually shave with that stuff. :wink2:

Very nice set up you have there.

Thanks! I'm actually finally getting the hang of the Ozuko Asagi that I have decided is going to be my main hone, and it seems to be going well so far.

Someone traded a Chief, I'll be damned. That is a very nice set up you have there sir. Enjoy it you deserve it.

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
Sounds like you have it scoped out - for now!

How's the new job Soldierdan? Which razor did you end up shaving with for the first day?

Cheers, Steve

All this from an Arkansas guy..I'm impressed

Not an original Arkie, but I have begun a small movement around here. There are roughly 10 more SR users than before I got here.

Someone traded a Chief, I'll be damned. That is a very nice set up you have there sir. Enjoy it you deserve it.

I won't lie, I was pretty surprised myself. It cost me two Wostys in pretty good condition, but well worth it. (and great to deal with other forum members as always).

How's the new job Soldierdan? Which razor did you end up shaving with for the first day?

Cheers, Steve

The job is good, long hours, but I actually enjoy what I'm doing. I ended up using the W&B FBU (which I have since sold) as dictated by the poll. I actually had a pretty rough shave and ended up cutting the hell outta my lip... Such is life.

I only have one item that I'm currently waiting to be finished. I ordered a book cover from Eaglestroker (a member here) before christmas, as a commissioning present to myself. It's meant to cover my leader's book, and will have my name across the top and the Army Seal centered. Based on how his other work looks, I can only imagine how well its gonna turn out. I can't wait to see it!

I have heard bad things about souvenir sets, and was worried when I picked this up as the box says "Souvenir of Solingen", but I couldn't pass it up. I'm thinking that the box is not original at this point, but either way, the razors hone and shave well enough that I have sold most of my other razors.

Those are no non-branded "Solingen" souvenir razors.

Gebrüder Stoll & Co. KG
Solingen: Donaustrasse 39 in 1922.
Brand names: 'Bull-Haad', 'Harmonie', 'Matinée'.
Open-blade razor maker.

Those are no non-branded "Solingen" souvenir razors.

Gebrüder Stoll & Co. KG
Solingen: Donaustrasse 39 in 1922.
Brand names: 'Bull-Haad', 'Harmonie', 'Matinée'.
Open-blade razor maker.

I have searched since about a week before I bought the set and haven't been able to find anything on them, I just knew that they worked well lol. I will have to go back and look at the other set he had and see what they said. I have to go talk to him about at Dubl Duck Dwarf and Goldedge anyways.

Top Bottom