What's new

Custom brush for fathers day - got a ?

All,

I will be getting a custom brush for fathers day. The handle ive settled on will be Emillion style and made of resin. The brush its self will be badger. My question is knot size. I lather on the puck, in a bowl, and some face. All depends on what soap/cream I am useing. I want it to be soft but with some back bone. Since some pucks can be smaller than others I was thinking of a bulb style. Knot size and loft are what have me stumped. Your suggestions and opinions are much appreciated!

I've found a knot in the 25-26mm range with a loft of 50-52mm is about perfect for an all - around brush. It should do well with both bowl and face lathering. Make sure you post some pics of it when it arrives!

I've found a knot in the 25-26mm range with a loft of 50-52mm is about perfect for an all - around brush. It should do well with both bowl and face lathering. Make sure you post some pics of it when it arrives!
Thanks for the advice and will def do so. Plan to get Mr. Vey to work his magic!

I have 2 24mm knots set at around 50 mm and they are great all around brushes. My next one will be at least 26mm though. Good luck! I here Rudy is really great to work with.

Dont have it right off. Its in the vendor or hobby section. I actually wound up going with Shaverjoe at www.doc226.com. He is doing a custom order for me as we speak. Custom handle out of resign and color. Gave me a sneak peak and so far it is awesome!

Top Bottom