What's new

Question on Lather Building

Hello all again!

I have watched Mantic59s videos about building up a lather. I have been able to get the peek and fullness of a lather but wonder if there is a point when slickness leaves the lather even though it looks fine. When I get my lather built up I rub the white stuff between my fingers but don't feel any slickness-rather it almost feels like my two fingers are contemplating if they want to go smoothly or not.

You are correct. It is possible to overwork your lather causing it to lose its slickness. Also bear in mind that different soaps and creams provide different amounts of slickness. I get really slick but crappy lather with Williams. On the other hand I get wonderful non slippery lather from KMF cream. Perhaps one of the veterans here can give you more advice.

You don't say what kind of lather you are using or what kind of brush you have however what I will tell you is if you have a quality brush and are using a quality soap or cream the lather will explode on your brush and there never will be an issue with overworking lather. usually the garbage soaps like Williams produce a weak lather that can be overworked or dry out quickly.

Sorry if I offended Williams users however when you compare that stuff to a quality product you will quickly see the difference.

I have an Omega 6512 and Caswell-Massey soap ( which I understand from some that it's not that good). I bought another soap form Crabtree & Evelyn and it seemed to have worked much better then the previous one. Actually the lather came so quick I was surprised.

Dig,
Unfortunately you have chosen two of the worst performing soaps in their category. If you check the review section you can find some outstanding soaps that are less expensive and work a charm.

Top Bottom