What's new

Eucris, what the heck does GFT think?

I love that cologne. But tell me, why does GFT fill this juice only in bottles without sprayer (That bottle with the littre crown is cute but pretty unpractical) and why don't they provide the matching Aftershave? This makes absolutely no sense since they have a shaving soap, cream, deodorant, shower gel and even a hair Dressing.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
When you spray cologne the scent lingers in the room for quite a while, so maybe it's a public service.

You mean they find their own product so nasty smelling that they don't want to offend too much people by letting folks atomize it?

Baffles me. The aftershave lotion..... seems like it should be obvious that they should have it in a an aftershave splash as well.

Ben

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
You mean they find their own product so nasty smelling that they don't want to offend too much people by letting folks atomize it?

That seems like a logical conclusion to me.:huh:

This reviewer says it with better poetry than I ever could: "On first encountering Trumper's Eucris, I was left with a faint impression of mouldering meaty gravy. And I can certainly appreciate the impressions of those reviewers who atmospherically conjure up senile bodily odours, rotting compost heaps, coffin smells, and doom-laden dreams of Goths. The fact is that the Victorians and Edwardians, when they were not dwelling on death, were especially partial to devouring dishes based on the innards of animals, such as tripe, kidneys, liver and so forth. Mostly, however, they politely concealed this neanderthal trait in their fragrances, whether through spicy Bay Rums, medicinal Eau de Quinines, variegated citrus and ferns, or rich and romantical scents of rose, jasmine, sandlewood and musk. It seems, however, that around 1912 the celebrated Geo. F. Trumper unnacountably chanced on the odd idea of evoking the atmosphere of animal offal and vegetal decay in a fragrance. Thus Eucris was born, and we are living with it still."

Top Bottom