What's new

First shave with the DE razor

Today I had my cream brush and blades show up. I really didn't need to shave since I shaved last night. But I wanted to try out the new stuff and shaving with a DE razor. So I got some what of a lather but not a very good one. I need to work on that. Used the brush and got the lather on my face. Used the Astra blade for the first shave with the 1960 gillette superspeed. Cut myself twice but I think I'm going enjoy this. Need a few more things to make my collection complete. But here is what I have so far $ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397874958.271884.jpg

Sounds like a great start! I'm not far ahead of you, just finished week 3 of DE shaving. Where did you get the Super Speed? I love my Merkur but I am curious about vintage razors ;-)

I picked it up off eBay for I think 20 dollars. I didn't have the funds at the time for a Merkur. I want one still. But when I got interested in wet shaving I found the razor and jump on it. It was not till a couple days ago that I was able to order the cream and brush and razors. I have been sitting on the razor now for about two months.

I picked it up off eBay for I think 20 dollars. I didn't have the funds at the time for a Merkur. I want one still. But when I got interested in wet shaving I found the razor and jump on it. It was not till a couple days ago that I was able to order the cream and brush and razors. I have been sitting on the razor now for about two months.

Nice!

Nice set up!!! Vintage is as good as new, got Merkur here, but would have been just fine with my $5 1959 gillette I found at trading post

Congrats on your first shave and welcome here. The first one is the hardest. Just relax, Take your time and watch pressure and angle. remember, men have been doing this for thousands of years. It ain't rocket science!!

Thanks all. I want to shave again but since I only shave every two or three days I have to wait and just sit and stare at my new things. Can't wait to give it another go. Never thought I would want to shave.

Top Bottom