What's new

1941 Ranger Tech Discovered

I won this 1941 Ranger Tech on ebay, the best part of the find was that is was listed as a Gold Tech as it is in a Gold Tech Case. The picture on the listing made it look like it was gold. I thought it might be a Milord and did a little research as I noticed that it did not have end caps so I figured it was a 1941 model before the second world war. Today I received it and I happily discovered the nickel finish and that is was a 1941 Ranger Tech. Now doesn't that sound a lot better to say that I shaved with a "ranger tech" today. Also did you notice the SE Star Razors, the listing did state that it came with blades. Well anyway, it was a fun find and now I am not just a Tech, "I'm a Ranger Tech"!!

$photo.jpg

Good score. I saw that one and thought about it, but the recent influx of shaving paraphernalia has raised of couple very important eyebrows. Glad to see someone here got it.

Good score. I saw that one and thought about it, but the recent influx of shaving paraphernalia has raised of couple very important eyebrows. Glad to see someone here got it.

Yes I am learning about the "eyes over the shoulder" especially since my wife does the bookkeeping but now I have entered the phase that I see something that I want so I sell something I don't want, sounds simple right? take care

GrandpaRon - You are the master of the obscure on eBay. You must spend hours searching for this stuff. Congrats on a super score.

Congrats on the good find. I've never had a chance to experience one but perhaps one day I will. On my list of things to try.

Great find!
Used my 41' Ranger yesterday and although I would not rank it above several over classic Gillette's I have it is still a darn good razor and it looks like you found one in really nice user shape.
You should start a new B&B group. Maybe the BORT's(Brotherhood of Ranger Tech's):thumbup1:

Nice find! Pretty sure it wasn't the first nickel plated. I do think it was Gillette's first TTO with a safety bar, though.

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
Nice score. They are fine machines, aren't they? I love mine. I can't say it shaves me any better than any of my other vintage Gillettes, but it's no worse either. That's a statement about the general quality of vintage Gillette razors.

Top Bottom