What's new

I have enormous self-restraint

RAD is BAD (and good:biggrin:). I went browsing at two antique stores today, and the list of things I left un-bought is astounding. SWMBO has been very tolerant of my various AD's so I didn't want to push it.

I did pick up a 1955 SS red tip in excellent condition that I posted in The Score forum.

You gents will think I'm pulling your leg but this really is a list of what I didn't buy:
Late '50s SS
Fatboy (beater though so not that enticing)
Gillette travel razor w/original box
Gold Aristocrat (I think, it was open comb)
GEM G-Bar
GEM Featherweight
GEM Junior x 2
Wade & Butcher straight x 2
Boker straight
About 6 other straights I couldn't ID easily in their cases
Vintage Old Spice mug, sealed w/ unused soap inside

Needless to say, if some other B&B type doesn't grab them, I know where they are...

You do have restraint. I haven't seen much at any of the local antique stores. Had I seen that, I doubt I would be posting in the same way. :tongue:

You just have to tell her that you are buying them at a very cheap price, and that you plan on turning around and selling them for a profit. It has worked everytime for me and I havent sold one yet..:lol::lol::lol:

You just have to tell her that you are buying them at a very cheap price, and that you plan on turning around and selling them for a profit. It has worked everytime for me and I havent sold one yet..:lol::lol::lol:

:lol:

It does work well.... but I have sold some. Then she doesn't want me on the computer, so how can I sell them?! :mad2:

So, how much was the Aristocrat?

Sorry Sabledog, I wasn't able to check the price. It certainly needed a clean-up though. The lady with the key to open the case was nowhere to be found so I didn't get to inspect it closely; that irritated the "manager" a wee bit.

You have great restraint, until you go antiquing again :biggrin:. Luckily I only have two (an HD and a Slant) and don't see any reason to buy more. Creams, soaps, aftershaves, colognes...are a much, much different story.

I hit an antique store today and showed restraint as well. But like the OP, they couldn't find a key to the cabinet that housed what I think was a Big Fellow with case (although, I am pretty new to this, so I am not sure). Guess I be going back with a hacksaw for them!:biggrin:

They also had a Tech in a basket weave metal case in the original box. It had its paperwork and one blade in the matal blade case. It was a beauty. Very lightly used if it was at all. They were asking $45 for it. I have no idea what this is worth, so I left it behind. Now I can't stop thinking about it. :blush: Is this worth getting?

SWMBO was relieved I was empty handed...maybe I should try hoselayer's idea.

Pete

I hope I find one of those open combed aristocrats, they look so beefy and manly with that open combed TTO and that barber pole handle. I think I would have helped pick the lock on that sucker. Those antique stores usually have a lock pick set...OK, I made that up but I should start carrying mine in my car just in case.

Top Bottom