What's new

Proraso Green Aftershave BALM

Joe from Italianbarber.com and Razorock mentioned that Proraso has released a new Green Aftershave Balm.

I emailed the company about the new product, but was advised that it has only been released in Italy.

Has anyone seen or tried this elusive new Proraso balm? Pictures would be welcome!

I emailed C.O. Bigelow who is the US distributor for Proraso. The rep checked with the person who deals with Proraso...

"There is no new product available for the US market at the time. She said that they do offer new products in Europe from time to time, but usually wait a year or so to package it for the US market. What you are probably hearing about is probably only available in Europe.

If they do decide to add any products to their US list, we will be the first to have it, but she usually knows well in advance if that is going to happen and there are currently no additions planned for the near future. Feel free to ask me again in a month or so and I’ll find out if there is any updates then. I wish I could tell you more, but I’m afraid that is really all I know at the moment."

I want to know more info about this elusive green aftershave balm now! :)

I think the Green Balm is like the Yellow foam in the can. A very limited release intended only for the local market, and available from a select few overseas vendors. I know Gifts & Care stocks the Yellow can, so hopefully they and others will soon carry the Green balm.

I would also love to see a Blue soap bowl and Red aftershave balm, but am not holding my breath.

I have a bottle of Proraso Green aftershave. It is great and for this week replaced my Speick...

The Green aftershave splash is an old wet shaving favorite. However, Proraso apparently has now released a new Green balm similar to the White and Blue aftershaves.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
I told Joe about the new Green balm, which I purchased at a local supermarket here. It's pretty good, lightly refreshing and moisturizing.

I told Joe about the new Green balm, which I purchased at a local supermarket here. It's pretty good, lightly refreshing and moisturizing.

Marco, how about some pictures of the Green balm, please? :biggrin1:

Is it mentholated like the splash?

Also, do you know of any other new Proraso products, either released or rumored? I inquired of Proraso in my email (and requested a Blue and Yellow soap), but they did not respond.

As always, thank you.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Marco, how about some pictures of the Green balm, please? :biggrin1:

Is it mentholated like the splash?

Also, do you know of any other new Proraso products, either released or rumored? I inquired of Proraso in my email (and requested a Blue and Yellow soap), but they did not respond.

As always, thank you.

The new Green balm has a mild refreshing scent and feels light on the skin. To me it matches well with the Green soap/cream and the Eucalyptus/Menthol mix is good and pleasant, but no way as sharp as the splash. I'll post a couple of pics in the next coming days, no problem. As about new products to be released there's no info or update to my knowledge. Also, it seems that the "Yellow can test" will end there and no soap or cream will be made, or at least there's no current project on the topic.

As always, thank you Marco. The green balm sounds like good stuff! It appears that the green balm won't be available for sale via the online retailers anytime soon :(

The new Green balm has a mild refreshing scent and feels light on the skin. To me it matches well with the Green soap/cream and the Eucalyptus/Menthol mix is good and pleasant, but no way as sharp as the splash. I'll post a couple of pics in the next coming days, no problem. As about new products to be released there's no info or update to my knowledge. Also, it seems that the "Yellow can test" will end there and no soap or cream will be made, or at least there's no current project on the topic.

Hey guys at proraso.com you can actually see the new proraso green balm! ( you have to choose italian as language) when you choose eng there is no balm

Hey guys at proraso.com you can actually see the new proraso green balm! ( you have to choose italian as language) when you choose eng there is no balm

Indeed! They also show the Yellow can on the Italian version of the website. Alas, still no Blue soap tub.:sad:

I have to admit, I'm feeling a little slighted over on this side of the Pond . . .

Yep, there she blows!!! I assume it has Eucalyptus/Menthol in it like the splash.

I feel the same way branford.

Indeed! They also show the Yellow can on the Italian version of the website. Alas, still no Blue soap tub.:sad:

I have to admit, I'm feeling a little slighted over on this side of the Pond . . .

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
My friends, these pics were taken in low light conditions and I had to make some post production work to make them usable. The real colours are brighter and the stripes on the package and the bottle are White and Green (the actual colours of the Geen line).

$P1.jpg

$P2.jpg

$P3.jpg

$P4.jpg

Thanks for the pics, Marco.

It's really frustrating. The bottle has English on the label, so I assume that Proraso eventually intends to release the balm in the USA and UK. What are they waiting for? I want my menthol-y Green goodness in a refreshing balm, gosh darnit. :mad3:

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
The "Ever Green" line (as I like to call it) is the most traditional, most loved and most used both here in Italy and all over the World, actually Proraso's best seller. I really see no reason why they won't bring it out of Italy, it's just a question of time IMHO. And, even if they won't immediately, I'm pretty sure Joe of Italian Barber can do that without difficulties. Why not ask him?

The "Ever Green" line (as I like to call it) is the most traditional, most loved and most used both here in Italy and all over the World, actually Proraso's best seller. I really see no reason why they won't bring it out of Italy, it's just a question of time IMHO. And, even if they won't immediately, I'm pretty sure Joe of Italian Barber can do that without difficulties. Why not ask him?

I'm sure Joe and overseas (for me) vendors will stock it soon enough, although likely to the competitive disadvantage of American retailers as was the case with both the Red cream then soap. Patience is simply not one of my virtues.

I'm more perplexed by Proraso's product and marketing choices. Why no White cream? A Red cream and soap, but no balm? A Blue cream and balm, but no soap? Yellow only in a can :scared:? And now choosing to only release a new Green product in Italy? Maybe it's an American cultural and business perspective, but given Proraso's great reputation here, the relative size of the North American market, and the potential price premium for "luxury" "foreign" brands, I would think that getting any new product to the USA would be a financial imperative. They already have clear and competent distribution channels with C.O. Bigelow in the USA and Italian Barber in Canada, so why not use them? :confused1

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
I'm sure Joe and overseas (for me) vendors will stock it soon enough, although likely to the competitive disadvantage of American retailers as was the case with both the Red cream then soap. Patience is simply not one of my virtues.

I'm more perplexed by Proraso's product and marketing choices. Why no White cream? A Red cream and soap, but no balm? A Blue cream and balm, but no soap? Yellow only in a can :scared:? And now choosing to only release a new Green product in Italy? Maybe it's an American cultural and business perspective, but given Proraso's great reputation here, the relative size of the North American market, and the potential price premium for "luxury" "foreign" brands, I would think that getting any new product to the USA would be a financial imperative. They already have clear and competent distribution channels with C.O. Bigelow in the USA and Italian Barber in Canada, so why not use them? :confused1

Well Sir (excuse me, I don't even know your name), I completely agree with you. It is very strange that the Green is the only complete line, while all the others have at least one product missing (?). And, as you properly say, it's even stranger that some new products are available only here in Italy, with trusted distribution channels already opened and fully effective in North America. The only explanation I can give to myself, and these are only my personal thoughts, is that they may want to see how these new products sell here in Italy before moving to much larger investments overseas.

Top Bottom