What's new

Have You Ever Seen This?

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
$DSCN0022.jpg

Pretty Good stuff. Slick with nice thick lather. Made in the USA.

It is sure not "main street" stuff as this is the first I have heard anyone mention it

Some small artisan products go unnoticed for quite a while until someone points them out

I've just read the description from Amazon and was a bit disturbed by the end part:

Shaving Cream - Brushless - All Natural, Paraben Free, No synthetic fragrance Non Toxic Non Allergenic. Henry Cavendish Natural Sandalwood - 3.75oz (106g). Best for ALL skin types. With Calendula, Comfrey and Goldenseal to soothe, soften and heal. A shave cream good for dry, chaffed skin and skin sensitive to shaving. Recreates a classic shave with straight razor shaving. Natural Sandalwood Essential Oil fragrance is very low key! Non-toxic unlike Prosaro and Taylor of Bond Street.

I used TOBS today , hope I make it through the night.

I've just read the description from Amazon and was a bit disturbed by the end part:

Shaving Cream - Brushless - All Natural, Paraben Free, No synthetic fragrance Non Toxic Non Allergenic. Henry Cavendish Natural Sandalwood - 3.75oz (106g). Best for ALL skin types. With Calendula, Comfrey and Goldenseal to soothe, soften and heal. A shave cream good for dry, chaffed skin and skin sensitive to shaving. Recreates a classic shave with straight razor shaving. Natural Sandalwood Essential Oil fragrance is very low key! Non-toxic unlike Prosaro and Taylor of Bond Street.

I used TOBS today , hope I make it through the night.

What?? :lol:
How is that even allowed?! :confused1

I would imagine of either companies were aware of the allegation they would not be too happy!!

Yup ... the things some companies do these days. I can see why nobody ever heard of them. If that's their style, I can't see them having a bright future.

Well they can't really be upset as there is no such company as Prosaro and Taylor of Bond St. I imagine Proraso and Taylor of Old Bond St would have something to say if their companies were mentioned..lol

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
What?? :lol:
How is that even allowed?! :confused1

Yeah, I saw that as BS too. Still...A nice slick lather. I used with my brush though and overall not a bad price. I didn't pay what is listed now. Thought this would cause a ruckus. Any new thing is going to get the kick around.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Well after this soap got hammered last week(and rightfully so), I lathered it up this morning. All I can say is it is slick. I kept losing grip on my razor. The smell is low key and not exactly to my liking but nothing offensive. So far I would give it a 7 out of 10. As for the advertising and claim. They could have said,"The World's Most Notorious" shaving cream. Now that would cause a stink.

Top Bottom