What's new

Newest Gillette, rotates!

As seen in today's WSJ. Takes Fusion carts.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 692
Wall Street Journal article today. P&G (owner of Gillette brand) is rolling out a new multiblade razor. This razor has multi-blades (of course) and looks to have a pivoting head set on a ball, similar to Dyson vacuum cleaners if you are familiar with those.

Looks like overkill to me.

Here is a link to a web posting: http://qz.com/200559/what-gillette-...ball-razor-and-duck-genitalia-have-in-common/

Check the last paragraph in the on-line article. I'd like to see that Harvard Busness Review article that posits a return to single blades. Can anyone here dig it up and post it?

I copied the WSJ article and attached it. Hope it is readable. Interesting pie chart that shows Gillette with 66% of US market for razors and blades. Schick is a distant second at 18%, Bic at 7%. Gillette has 3.6x the market share of next closest competitor. Very difficult to grow much beyond that.

Happy Easter to all. Thank goodness that there is someone who has paid the debt for all of our sins.

$WSJ.jpg

BSAGuy

Last edited:
Now if they make one with the floppy Mach3 head, that swivels, and vibrates, but has seven blades, and three lube strips, with a dual blade on the back, and dispenses foam...

The wall street journal must be struggling if it has to roll out a 2 page spread about a new Gillette razor.

What the hell does a shave have to do with the size and shape of a duck's dong? These people have way too much time and money on their hands.

This is unbelievable. I wonder how much they'll cost.

Apparently

Dubbed the ProGlide FlexBall, the unit will sell for between $11.50 and $12.60 when it hits shelves in June, according to the Journal. The company is touting “optimized stiffness” and just the right amount of “damping,” plus 23 percent more skin contact, specs that suggest the sophistication of a sports car.

Source:
http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2014-04-18/gillettes-new-razor-could-overturn-its-100-year-old-business-model#r=hp-ls

I think the next model should have a flashlight on it for better lighting on your face. And I like the idea of a shaving cream dispenser. But I won't be satisfied until I see at least 10 blades.

ElBandito - Thanks for posting the HBR article link. Also, I agree on where the heck did they get the analogy to avian reproductive organs in the first article.

Top Bottom