What's new

Buying the same razor - again and again

I have bought some razors once and kept them since - 34C, 37c and 25c.

Other razors I have tried and bought several times- R41 x 4, DE89/R89 x 4, FaTip x 4.

The ones I have had multiple times I just couldn't make my mind up about. I have PIF'd each of the multiples twice! Strangely though, this last time of ownership, I finally understand them and will likely keep them.

What have you bought multiple times?

No i usually keep all my razors and but i can agree it take some time to get to know each individual razor and blade combo. I have bought a lot with multiples of the same razor and usually i keep the best one and sell the rest. But to each his own.

Just re read your question and besides all the consumable stuff like blades, soaps, AS, etc... i only buy razors once. but i do buy multiple of the same style razors like straights x 7, DE x 10, injectors x 6, SE x 2. but never the same razor twice :lol:

mswofford

Rest in Peace
Guilty!
1. Ever Ready Streamlines.
2. Variety of Schick injector Hydro-Magics; I favor the short handle I2 but enjoy shaves with all.
3. Gem Open Comb Micromatics (OCMM) gold with and without bumps on guard plate.

I have bought some razors once and kept them since - 34C, 37c and 25c.

Other razors I have tried and bought several times- R41 x 4, DE89/R89 x 4, FaTip x 4.

The ones I have had multiple times I just couldn't make my mind up about. I have PIF'd each of the multiples twice! Strangely though, this last time of ownership, I finally understand them and will likely keep them.

What have you bought multiple times?
Never happen so far. But I have just two razors, and EJ DE89 is the one I want to sell time from time, but later on I still want to shave with it again, so I believe I could also buy and sell it several times...
Actually that is very interesting question, never thought about such a possibility to buy the same model 4 times...

I bought a VdH Luxury puck along with some groceries. By the time I was done putting groceries away it had disappeared. I bought a second VdH Luxury puck, again with groceries, but this time I planned to go straight to the bathroom with it. It too disappeared. That was maybe a month or two back, and one of them surfaced the other day.

I figure there was a rip in the fabric of the space-time continuum and a wormhole opened up to swallow each of them, and one was transported into the future to be deposited back into my possession...maybe the other one will show up in 20 years. mrb7 might have helped.

I have now bought the Cadet OC razor 3 times. The first one was the long black handle... didn't like the length on the handle, so I traded it off. I then bought the RR Lil Bastone, and didn't like the light weight of the razor and handle, and traded it off. Finally, I bought the long handle Cadet OC, the Sabi T2 razor, then put the Cadet head on the Sabi handle. Perfection! I also paired the Sabi head onto the Cadet handle and sold the Frankenrazor, recouping a good chunk of what I spent on the combo.

Thanks for asking. The key for this razor is the angle. The sweet spot seems to be with the base of the handle being just above the vertical.

I am also guilty of this. Gillette superspeeds are like crack. I just can't seem to help myself when I see one.

I keep thinking of trying a Merkur slant and a Muhle R89 again. Then I remember the pain of blade loading in the Merkur and under-the-nose issues . . . I may actually try a R89 (or an EJ de89) again someday. I'll stick to my Slim/Fatboy/Techs for now, though.

I own two Gillette 1932 Canadian Fat Handle Techs with triangular holes just in case I ever break one and also because I think they are excellent razors (this is my main DE razor). I also own two Schick 1937 Canadian model E for the same reasons as the Tech I just mentioned (main SE Injector razor).

I've never bought the same razor twice, and I honestly don't understand the concept of having more than one of a certain razor (Two slims, two Fatboys, ect). But, whatever makes you happy, I support it. Honestly, the only things I have bought more than once have been Stirling shave soaps and AV aftershave. There's just so much variety, I want to try it all!

I am also guilty of this. Gillette superspeeds are like crack. I just can't seem to help myself when I see one.

The SS was the first razor I ever used. Black handle. Don't think I could turn any of them down if I had the cash to grab it.
As for buying the same thing over and over again, plenty of people do. I know guys with 5 or 6 strats or teles, all the same model. When you find what works for you, there's no shame in grabbing more than one.

Top Bottom