What's new

Vintage razor finds!

In my introduction thread, I mentioned meeting a gentleman through an antique store who said he had a large collection of vintage shaving supplies that he was planning to liquidate. The gentleman had been a barber for about 40 years and had been collecting anything shaving related all those years. I finally had a chance to go to his house to check out his collection and look rough what he had for sale. The collection was very impressive and included some very obscure stuff I had never heard of. He is still deciding what he wants to sell so for now he was offering some of the more common stuff. I wanted to share what I came away with. I was able to pick up a NDS aristocrat, a fatboy, and a new (I think that's the model, please let me know if I'm wrong). I probably paid a little too much at $75 for the 3 but I'm very happy with them. As promised here are a few pictures. I didn't feel comfortable asking to take any photos of the rest of his collection in his house. It's an extensive collection of everything shaving and barber related. He will be calling me as he decides what else he wants to let go so hopefully I will be able to pick up a couple others that caught my eye.

On top of letting me look through his collection, he even gave me a little lesson on honing and stropping a straight edge I purchased from him earlier, as well as some styling tips for my beard. It was a great time getting to chat with someone so knowledgeable and skilled. All in all a great day!

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397774259.569595.jpg

I also thought I would share an updated picture of the expanding collection. This is supposed to be cheaper than cartridge shaving right? Haha. I'm planning to check out the flea market and a couple antique stores this weekend.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397774343.840835.jpg

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397774366.225897.jpg

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397774386.344212.jpg

Have you checked the price on Fat Boys lately? You certainly didn't overpay for the three razors, and it sounds like you had a pretty priceless time of it, to boot. Nice.

Have you checked the price on Fat Boys lately? You certainly didn't overpay for the three razors, and it sounds like you had a pretty priceless time of it, to boot. Nice.

I have noticed the prices going up a lot. Glad I was able to get one reasonably. Even it I paid a little more than I should have, I was happy to just because of the experience and the great lessons he gave me. He was extremely helpful and eager to share his knowledge which was really nice. It was great getting to chat and learn from someone with so many years of experience. He shared a lot of stories from his barber days too which were really interesting to hear.

Jeremy88, I might need to take issue with the title of your thread. This isn't your typical "find," you've discovered the whole warehouse.

​Wow.........defently keep in touch with this guy.........I see a toggle in your future. Lol not that I can see the future.....but who knows......:blink:

Those are all very nice, the price is well under what other avenues can charge, well done. Look forward to hearing about your futre purchases from this gentleman.

Top Bottom