What's new

Shocked

I am completely new to Wet Shaving. I have been doing lots of research on here, and finally decided to take the plunge and start ordering my stuff. I ordered a Merkur 34c, sample pack of blades, found a brush, thinking about ordering razorock CC bay rum as my first soap.....

So, since I was off today, I decided to go to some antique stores to look for an old spice shave mug. Well no mugs, but thanks to the knowledge I picked up from the great people here, what I did find was this

An unused vintage yardley in a wooden bowl. I guess I'll be starting my DE shaving years with this soap.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 84
Savage, great find, and welcome to B&B and wet shaving! I will hit two local antique stores and a traders village tomorrow to see what I can find.

Savage, great find, and welcome to B&B and wet shaving! I will hit two local antique stores and a traders village tomorrow to see what I can find.

Good luck!

Thanks guys, I'm looking forward to learning more and sharing alike.

I am completely new to Wet Shaving. I have been doing lots of research on here, and finally decided to take the plunge and start ordering my stuff. I ordered a Merkur 34c, sample pack of blades, found a brush, thinking about ordering razorock CC bay rum as my first soap.....

So, since I was off today, I decided to go to some antique stores to look for an old spice shave mug. Well no mugs, but thanks to the knowledge I picked up from the great people here, what I did find was this

An unused vintage yardley in a wooden bowl. I guess I'll be starting my DE shaving years with this soap.

Welcome! You have inspired me. Tomorrow I will have to check out some local antique shops also.

Welcome Aboard: You did well my new friend. The best deals are always at the antique stores, thrift shops, Peddler Malls. It's much cheaper to purchase a puck of soap without the container. You can find some classic ceramic pottery containers at the above mentioned stores. Happy Hunting

Top Bottom