What's new

A brush that was better than expected.

Got this brush with plans for a giveaway. But by chance I ended up using it.
And I must say that it was much better than I hoped for. I ended up giving away my EJ best badger and keeping this.
http://bit.ly/1k0cBvK
I know it's an FS and that the handle is cheap. But the knot is good and the brush whips good lather. For soaps it great.

Wolftiger,

I've been interested in the liojuny brushes but have backed off because of a bad experience with the frank shaving. (They look really similar anyway) Is there a large glue bump at the base?

Wolftiger,

I've been interested in the liojuny brushes but have backed off because of a bad experience with the frank shaving. (They look really similar anyway) Is there a large glue bump at the base?

I bought a Lljun brush a few years ago (not sure if it is a different brush or just a different name on the same brush as you are speaking about). Not a stellar brush but not a bad one either. Very decent face lathering brush (at least the one I ended up with is)

proxy.php

Wolftiger,

No visible glue
In the picture:$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397740160.607472.jpg The brush next to a 25 mm FS brush.

Liojuny finest look identical to my FS brushes. I gave a few new FS Finest brushes to friends as part of wetshaving starter kits years ago. I was just talking to one last week who says that the FS brush in Finest is still his go-to favorite. I'll be digging mine out for my next shave.

Are Liojuny and FS related? If so how?

I have a Chinese silvertip and it has or was a great brush with a black plastic handle. A few sheds at the beginning and nice bloom. But once my SOC came the silvertip sits on the shelf.

Are they the same as FS? I thought that they were the Low end FS brushes (FS didn't want to keep selling <$20 brushes when they started listing $100+ brushes, but didn't want to give up the market either). I assumed they represented the density levels of earlier FS brushes (less than what you get with FS's now). Can anyone compare one to a current era FS?

Top Bottom