What's new

Morris & Forndran Brushes- Where to buy online?

Im looking to treat myself to a nice brush and have recently been looking at the Morris & Forndran brushes. I love the look and I hear good things about them. The problem im having is where to purchase them online. If anyone could send me a link or who I should contact to purchase one. It would be greatly appreciated:001_smile

the b/s/t is the best and only place to buy one short of being lucky enough to buy one directly from the maker. Lee is a bit of an paradox, but a great guy to talk to once he has made contact with you, so if you choose to contact him directly it may take some time, good luck, and angels willing, impeccable timing. I know I heard that he had a lack of internet recently so its been a bit more of a challenge lately to contact him. But there are always M&F's for sale in the b/s/t you just have to be quite quick to get them.

You have to just email him, and he will let you know what he has or will be having, etc. its by email only he doesnt have a site or anything.

You can email Lee. If you are patient and persistent it's a rewarding experience.

Option 2 shop the BST but you better be quick.

Option 3 place a WTB on the BST. I think this is your best option if you don't feel like emailing Lee.

Good luck. I must not have been persistent enough, as I never got a response. I found other brushes to fill the void that the M&F left in my heart. I may just have to start emailing again . . .

Yes great business model.

I totally agree - dude's gotta be doing it right to not have to have a virtual storefront. Having a purely organic, word-of-mouth business without the hassle of employees, yet still being able to make a living sounds pretty perfect to me too (not to mention his brushes are as close to perfection as I've ever seen).

Last edited:
To be honest, it's frustrating sometimes but I respect him and the old-school way he does business. It's actually quite refreshing compared to some other in-your-face, social media marketing tactics by some other British brush makers.

M&F are the absolute BEST brushes on the market and Lee is an absolute pleasure to do business with...not to mention he knows his stuff.

$uploadfromtaptalk1396376467659.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
He must be doing something right. As pointed out above, he can hardly keep up with demand, runs his own business, is his own boss and has zero dollars in marketing.

Once you go M&F, you never go back. It is the model of under hype, over deliver.

Agreed. Some people are just afraid of the way he operates. If it's not on a website on every other vendors page, they don't know what to do.

Last edited:
Some people are just afraid of the way he does business. If it's not on a website on every other vendors page, they don't know what to do.

Heck, I'd settle for a seldom used Facebook page with a simple published email address or handwritten and scanned list of available hair types and handle shapes and colors.

I certainly have no problem supporting individual artisans (e.g., Rudy Vey), and have no objection to old-school business practices (e.g., Old Town Shaving Company), but dealing with Lee Sabini/M&F seems far too cloak & dagger for my tastes.

Despite the apparent quality of the brushes and loyal following, in the 21st Century I expect at least some professional presence. If I were to have a problem with a brush that could not be solved cooperatively with Lee, where and to whom could I seek redress without the most basic knowledge of his enterprise. I also do not find a reputation of not promptly responding to emails to be either quaint or professional.

How do you like his brushes? I have sensitive skin and im looking for a soft tip brush with a little backbone thats not scratchy.

How do you like his brushes? I have sensitive skin and im looking for a soft tip brush with a little backbone thats not scratchy.

If you are asking me, I love them. I've never owned a scritchy or scatchy M&F brush but every batch is different, just as everyone's interpretation of it is different.

Blonde, Heritage, Super Silvertip...have all worked well for me.

If I were to have a problem with a brush that could not be solved cooperatively with Lee, where and to whom could I seek redress without the most basic knowledge of his enterprise.

Anyone I have heard of having an issue with a brush (which are few and far between) get dealt with via email directly with Lee.

Last edited:
Top Bottom