What's new

Balm guys … What are your favorites?

I switched from Nivea to LEA.

proxy.php

James Bronnley. Found it at Winners in Canada. Love the scent and does wonders for my skin. May have to buy it at full price when I finish the bottle.

I've been using Myrsol Emusion almost everyday since the beginning of winter. It's fantastic as its mentholated, soothing and pairs well with MWF. Others I like are Pre de Provence and Speick.

I use balms 90% of the time. I have trouble with flaky skin, but my skin is also oily. Figure that one out...These are mine in order.

Myrsol Emulsion with its lanolin goodness. Pre, Post, both. I will literally never run out of that as long as Myrsol keeps making it.
DRH Milk is awesomeness. Pick your favorite scent. Mine are Arlington and Windsor in that order. Lanolin is in there. That's huge for me.
This particular proraso is a new found treat: http://www.italianbarber.com/proraso-white-balm-alcohol-free-aftershave-100ml
I'Coloniali Mango or Rhubarb. No preference between the 2 although the Mango actually smells like concentrated Old Spice to me so I have to wait for weekends as it's too strong for M-F office use.
Institut Karite. I pair it with Tabac soap for a total powder bomb. I prefer it to the Tabac splash as I don't feel so old man. I'd love to try Tabac balm but haven't. I feel the IK on my face literally all day. It's like a moisturizing mask.
Tcheon Fung Sing. Currently on my first long term test of this while I 3017 some Don Marco. It has skin care in spades. Definitely a great balm.

I have the Nivea Sensitive balm which was a favorite for a long time but it's fallen way behind all of the ones I listed above.

I need to pick up Speick as the splash is my #1 splash by a HUGE margin.

I've been using Clinique M Lotion since the 80s. It lasts so long I am just now finishing up a tube of the old formula.

In the summer I like Neutrogena with 20SPF. I carry it with me to reapply.

I picked up some Guess Suede balm from a Beal's outlet for three bucks. It's not bad. Manly enough scent that takes an hour to fade.

Often witch-hazel is all the hydration I need.

I don't often use it (my skin is naturally oily), but my dear mother gave me some TOBS Mr Taylor's last Christmas. Every now and then, I need it, and it does its job well.

I use balms 90% of the time. I have trouble with flaky skin, but my skin is also oily. Figure that one out...These are mine in order.

Myrsol Emulsion with its lanolin goodness. Pre, Post, both. I will literally never run out of that as long as Myrsol keeps making it.
DRH Milk is awesomeness. Pick your favorite scent. Mine are Arlington and Windsor in that order. Lanolin is in there. That's huge for me.
This particular proraso is a new found treat: http://www.italianbarber.com/proraso-white-balm-alcohol-free-aftershave-100ml
I'Coloniali Mango or Rhubarb. No preference between the 2 although the Mango actually smells like concentrated Old Spice to me so I have to wait for weekends as it's too strong for M-F office use.
Institut Karite. I pair it with Tabac soap for a total powder bomb. I prefer it to the Tabac splash as I don't feel so old man. I'd love to try Tabac balm but haven't. I feel the IK on my face literally all day. It's like a moisturizing mask.
Tcheon Fung Sing. Currently on my first long term test of this while I 3017 some Don Marco. It has skin care in spades. Definitely a great balm.

I have the Nivea Sensitive balm which was a favorite for a long time but it's fallen way behind all of the ones I listed above.

I need to pick up Speick as the splash is my #1 splash by a HUGE margin.

Great post Phil!

The only problem is that I'm on the GRU-Summer and I now want to buy some Myrsol Emulsion, DRH Milk... oh, and the I'Coloniali Mango... also the IK sounds lush!

Damn you Phil! :001_tongu

I use both aftershaves and balms everyday. Generally I apply my balm about 15 minutes after I shave and before I put a shirt and tie on and finish dressing. I too find that certain balms seem more effective depending on the season. Beside the ones a love for the fragrance alone here are a few I like:

Winter

GFT - Coral Skin Food
Queen Charlotte Soaps - Basilica
Institut Karite - Moisturizing Balm

Summer

Castle Forbes - Lime
Flores - JF
Saint Charles Shave - Avocado Oil Aftershave Balm

The Emulsion. It is said that Emulsion contains the tears of Chuck Norris but that cannot be true because he never cries.

Frank

Top Bottom