What's new

Proraso Kudos

Just wanted to put in a plug for Proraso products as a newbie. Still experimenting with soaps, creams, blades and razors, and had a pretty severe reaction to (I believe) AoS lavender cream and AS yesterday, so much so that my face was still raw last night. Broke out the Proraso sandalwood cream (tube) this morning (lathered with a little Every Man Jack Sensitive), Proraso pre-shave and Proraso White ASB, and face feels virtually normal tonight - literally healed overnight (or overday). The lavender experiment failed, but I did learn what a great product (for me) Proraso makes. Also that cost does not = perfect shave...

Last edited:
Yup. I started DE shaving almost 3 months ago, and I'm still on my original 2 creams/croaps. A tube of blue and a tub of the white. I like the white, and love the blue. I think my plan for the foreseeable future is to always have a tube of blue on hand as my "go-to" product, and then experiment with one or two other non-Proraso products. When my current tub of white runs out, I'd like to try some TOBS and others, but I'll always have some Proraso on hand for sure.

Love proraso red cream. Its top shelf IMO. I have some white pre shave but I think i left it on too long and it started burning kinda. Face turned red. I put it on while I did lather and being a noon it took about 10 min. Next time i think I'll put it on after lather is made right before I shave

Proraso is the BEST cream in it's price range. I've been wet shaving since 2009 and Proraso green was my only soap, until a year ago when I realized what was out there. Proraso has always been there for me and ill always have a front and center place in my shave-cave.

I have a tub of Proraso Menthol and Eucalyptus shave soap, along with a sample pack of various Russian made blades. Can't wait to try them out!

I really enjoy Proraso still. The green tub was my first soap as of a year last January. I also use the red tub, I never get a bad shave with either, love the smell and feel and always lather really easily. Cheap too!

If I ever had to stop my budding Shave cream acquisition disorder, Proraso red would be the only one left in the drawer! It's performance is amazing for me.

$uploadfromtaptalk1397785581015.jpg

After going on a soap kick for the past year or so, I scooped up a Green and Red tube (along with a White tub and White/Green pre/post) during my last AD attack. I'd used the green before as my only product and got a little burnt on out the scent, but I'd never used the Red before. I've used it twice since adding it to my rotation (8 different soaps/creams) a couple of weeks ago, and both times I was rewarded with a truly superior shave. It definitely feels more cushiony than the Green (to me), and I love the scent!

I feel almost bad for thinking it because I just dropped $60+ on different soaps and creams, but Proraso Red could be my only shaving soap/cream, and I could be a very happy man.

Last edited:
I currently use the white pre/post shave. At first I hated the smell and was close to tossing it away but after 2 or 3 tries the smell really grew on me and now I enjoy it a lot. It also gives such a nice tingling feeling on my skin that just feels so refreshing.

As far as for shaving cream, I use the Proraso green tub and have no complaints. I am thinking about getting the red soon. My question is though, what's the difference between the tube and the tub? Which would you recommend and why?

I love me some Proraso Green; it's the only one I have tried. Even the bad shaves are less irritating with Proraso than anything else I have used. It's my benchmark soap for sure.

Now trying to change ONE thing at a time in my routine, now that I know I have a safety net, to see what's effective and what's not. I used the AoS lavender pre-shave oil and lavender cream this morning (again with a little EMJ help), and got a pretty decent shave, no redness or irritation, so now suspicious of the lavender AS. Also need to get my shaving technique more consistent to be able to compare products and not shaving skills. Sticking with Astra blades for now, although I got great shaves from Feathers when I tried them; just want to standardized blade so I can rule out blade as a variable. You could go broke saving money!

I just sent what I had left of my Proraso red to my cousin to try. I'm going to order the white now. Proraso is a great product, especially considering the price.

I am thinking about getting the red soon. My question is though, what's the difference between the tube and the tub? Which would you recommend and why?

The tube is softer than the tub. I haven't used the tub so I can't say which is better. But I can encourage the purchase of red, the scent is awesome when whipped up.

Top Bottom