What's new

Water Spot on Strop.aarrgh.

Not that it affects anything, alas I got a water stain on my strop. Just plain old water. Guess this removes it out from the category of "Bathroom Trophy"...........

$20140416_111235.jpg

****** Cleaning and maintenance Kanoyama Cordovan Razor Strop:

What we should do is to use clean cotton towel soaking in lukewarm water, and it should be not too much wet, but not too dry the towel. And then, we wipe the strop the front side of the strop until little before the lukewarm water going through all the way to the back side, and then it makes dry naturally. That is the way what we make the strop making shinny and smoother. According to Mr. Naomi, we should not apply on any oil on Cordovan strop. The oil collects dust, and it makes losing smoothness on the Cordovan strop, and it makes not as the finishing quality strop anymore

I don't keep my strops in the bathroom. After use, they're either hung up in the alcove outside or put away in the closet. Occasionally, I will get a spot of water on the strop when using it next to the hand sink where I shave. Even that is enough to make me consider stropping outside the bathroom.

If that's a TM strop, they're pretty susceptible to contact oils as well. Like others have said, actual use builds character.

Top Bottom