What's new

New DE Shaver from NJ

Hello all,

Just started trying to get into DE razors and brush shaving. I have the unfortunate combo of a tough beard and sensitive skin. Have always struggled with trying to find the right gel/cream and razor combo. Lately I've mostly been annoyed with how expensive cartridge refills have gotten, so I've tried to find cheaper blades and still get a decent shave that doesn't leave my face looking like raw meatloaf. I tried Dollar Shave Club, Harry's (I like their handles a lot) and 800-Razors. All have fallen short in one way or another. So far the 800-razors blades have been the best.

Just today I tried my first shave with a brush and soap in a bowl. I picked up a starter kit at a local Walgreens. It's a Van Der Hagen Premium set. So far I really like it. The soap is ok, but I think I will look for a thicker, more hearty lathering soap. The combo of the soap set and the 800-razors blades actually do a pretty damn fine job. I'm keeping with this until I get a DE razor. I've actually been trolling this site and other shave sites (I'm the type to research everything VERY thoroughly). I have some ideas on where I want to start with DE razors, and that would be a mild razor since my skin get torn up easily. I currently have bids on a 1954 Gillette Super Speed, and a vintage (don't know the year) Schick Krona. If I loose those auctions I think I might go for a new Edwin Jagger De89.

Anyway, after that TLNR... I'm looking forward to learning and eventually imparting some wisdom and experience.

Welcome abroad! Here are many people with the same beard/skin setup, I am one of them. If I knew I will use alcohol based AS few months ago... with my sensitive skin... I am sure that was not me :lol:
Here is a good place to find a right product, technique and make shaving a real pleasure every day.

Hi and welcome NJGarand. You must be a shooter/collector. I am also. I love the classic lines, design genius, and manufacturing craftsmanship of the U.S. Rifle Caliber .30 M1.

One good thing about razors, they cost a LOT less to collect then Garands!!

Welcome to B&B

Get the DE89. You won't regret it. It is one I have in my free range head "kit" and it gets "the nod" on a regular basis. Nice daily driver that you will enjoy using

Drop into the Shave Wiki and read over some of the shaving articles. http://wiki.badgerandblade.com/ You will find a LOT of useful info in there.

If you have not already done so, stop into the Hall of Fame and tell everyone a little about yourself

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/forumdisplay.php/30-Hall-of-Fame

Hi and welcome NJGarand. You must be a shooter/collector. I am also. I love the classic lines, design genius, and manufacturing craftsmanship of the U.S. Rifle Caliber .30 M1.

One good thing about razors, they cost a LOT less to collect then Garands!!

Yes, I am a collector/shooter/hunter. I'm trying to collect all the WWII main battle rifles. So far I have a Garand, 91/30 Mosin Nagant and a 98K Mauser. Garand is of course my favorite... PING!

Yes, I'm hoping for a much cheaper hobby. :001_smile

Just won the bid on the Schick Krona. Looks like a really nice razor. Total with shipping came to $23

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Top Bottom