What's new

Palmolive Shave sticks

My sister who is studying in Northern Ireland managed to get Palmolive shave sticks for 0.50GBP each from Tesco online. I can't believe it's so cheap there! For me to get an arko stick locally would cost me about 3GBP each... Wish wet shaving would get more popular here :sad:

Now for the long wait for her to come back from summer break.

Think you'll find the Palmolive sticks and often the cream in most of the main supermarket chains, certainly in the larger stores, though probaby not in the smaller "local" stores here in the UK. They are always hidden away on the poor relation bottom shelf of course! Pride of place goes to the acres of cans and multiblades!

You will often find Wilkinson soaps (rubbish!) and Erasmics too.

Gareth

Being a UK resident I've only recently come to realise how special it is to have such a great soap so easily and cheaply available. Pity it doesn't stop me hankering after foreign soaps and creams that can be bought for buttons in their native land. :eek:

Being a UK resident I've only recently come to realise how special it is to have such a great soap so easily and cheaply available. Pity it doesn't stop me hankering after foreign soaps and creams that can be bought for buttons in their native land. :eek:

Frankly speaking the only reason I got the Palmolive sticks is that they're ridiculously cheap. The scent doesn't really suit me, and I find that my Gillette canned goop smells better (YMMV I suppose). Unfortunately performance wise, the Gillette leaves a lot to be desired. Anyway, I'm also looking to try other soaps in hopes of finding one which have a scent I like. I've ordered two tubs of proraso green from mankind.co.uk at 5.50 GBP each with free shipping. It arrived yesterday and my sister said it smells great. Can't wait for her to come back for summer break! :w00t:

Last edited:
Palmolive sticks are terrific performers. They were my first shave stick and one of the first times that I understood the phrase, "exploding lather" Everyone should try Palmolive at least once.

Frankly speaking the only reason I got the Palmolive sticks is that they're ridiculously cheap. The scent doesn't really suit me, and I find that my Gillette canned goop smells better (YMMV I suppose). Unfortunately performance wise, the Gillette leaves a lot to be desired. Anyway, I'm also looking to try other soaps in hopes of finding one which have a scent I like. I've ordered two tubs of proraso green from mankind.co.uk at 5.50 GBP each with free shipping. It arrived yesterday and my sister said it smells great. Can't wait for her to come back for summer break! :w00t:

You won't be disappointed with Proraso green, it's excellent. It took me a while to work out how to lather it effectively though.

Took a stick away in my bag for a week's holiday. I have no complaints. Easy lather. Innocuous scent. Good shave. It's a great travel stick, but not something i'd use at home when there are so many fantastic and interesting soaps out there.

Top Bottom