What's new

Today I was a Proaso Pirate!

So I shaved using Proraso Green for the first time in two years, have been using my much-loved TOBS Sandalwood for the last year, but definitely enjoyed the smooth shave, and the warming, and the fact that it was as close as a bloodless shave I have had using the Muhle R41 (the one nick I got was entirely my fault). Then I make a few posts on Badger and Blade, and I suddenly gain the title Proraso Pirate! This amuses me, which may be a sign of my spiral into madness. :blush:

Hope you are all having a good day gentlemen!

I have only used creams so far, for some reason I have always assumed soaps would be harder to work, but should try one some day!

I haven't used the cream, but the Proraso Green soap is excellent! Granted my experience is limited, but I really love the stuff.

Proraso Green was the first soap or cream I used when I started wet shaving a little over a year ago. Since then I have tried many but PG remains one of my three favourites.
With all the people that I see on shaving sites that are fond of it it must surely be classified as a standard to which all others are to be compared.

Mickey

Last edited:
Just shaved with green for the first time today, was very impressed by the gentle sensation and performance. The scent slightly reminds me of Vicks vapor rub yet it's unique enough to distinguish itself as not being the same.

Just shaved with green for the first time today, was very impressed by the gentle sensation and performance. The scent slightly reminds me of Vicks vapor rub yet it's unique enough to distinguish itself as not being the same.
To this day I find anything with that Myrtaceae smell to be highly comforting.

Proraso Green was the first soap or cream I used when I started wet shaving a little over a year ago. Since then I have tried many but PG remains one of my three favourites.
With all the people that I see on shaving sites that are fond of it it must surely be classified as a standard to which all others are to be compared.

Mickey
Same here Mickey, Proraso Green came with my starter kit, I got some of my most bloodiest shaves with it, while I was still thinking that I could use my Merkur like a Mach 3 :cursing:. It's a good cream, I can see myself buying it but only using it for early morning shaves.

The Proraso green is pure amazing,,glad that I can purchase it here from a local drug store,,I always use this one or Taylor of old bond street.

I actually used this for the first time two days ago (bought it, cella, and speik cream together and they came in two days ago) and it's a great soap. Holds a ton of water without breaking down. Looking forward to my next shave with it.

Hello Paintflinger, Proraso cream seems effortless compared to my TOBS, so I think I am leaning toward replacing it with Proraso when I am finished with it.

Top Bottom