What's new

Pipe tobacco and travel

I've never flown with any, but it doesn't look the same as what I assume you are talking about (sweetleaf as Black Sabbath said?). I've had a messenger bag go through an x-ray screener at county/state/federal courthouses with a tin or two of 'baccy in it and nothing was said to me.

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
I've flown with opened tins, mason jars and baggies of tobacco without an issue. I always keep my pipes in my carry on so they don't mysteriously disappear.

The security agents are too busy taking double edge blades out of safety razors, and knitting needles from little old ladies, and that's a good thing You never know if they might knit an Afghan.

Note to self: If the budget ever recovers and strengthens enough to get on a plane again, stuff good tobacco into a Captain Black pouch to take it on a plane.

Must be a member of the Taliblankey.

$1544514_653814548025193_6225390035355466411_n.jpg

I've never flown with any, but it doesn't look the same as what I assume you are talking about (sweetleaf as Black Sabbath said?). I've had a messenger bag go through an x-ray screener at county/state/federal courthouses with a tin or two of 'baccy in it and nothing was said to me.

Exactly what I was referring to. I've never actually seen it up close believe it or not, so I wasn't sure if I am at risk or not. Appreciate the feedback from everyone.

I have a 'mild inconvenience' EVERY TIME I come back from the USA to Canada. They ALWAYS open the mason jar to give it a sniff. No big deal in itself, I understand why they do it. I guess I just have that 'look'.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I have a 'mild inconvenience' EVERY TIME I come back from the USA to Canada. They ALWAYS open the mason jar to give it a sniff. No big deal in itself, I understand why they do it. I guess I just have that 'look'.
Come on, Jackie- you look like a regular choir boy :001_smile

Top Bottom