What's new

Sell now before it's too late: prices crashing on the 'Bay!

Yeah, I know, every day there is another thread complaining about eBay prices crashing on vintage DE razors. Well, I'm here to pile on: sell your collections now before they are completely worthless. Just a few days ago a nickel Toggle sold for a mere $762. Today, more evidence of impending doom:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1961-G3-ARI...PvpzMjRWX0wV82pnHKAzw%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc
A cased 1961 Aristocrat in excellent condition sold for a mere $48. A few weeks ago, this razor would have sold for 3 times that price. What is the world coming to, you ask? Based solely on these two data points and absolutely nothing else, I have reached the inescapable conclusion that we are facing a sudden and unexplained bursting of the "razor bubble."
Is CFM "too big to fail?":wink2:

I picked up a fairly mint cased president for $62 a few months ago, but over payed on a single ring that I miscalculated the exchange rate from GBP to CDN, so it evens out LOL.

My first thought was your link was for one of the british aristocrats not the deluxe slim version :p

Yeah, I know, every day there is another thread complaining about eBay prices crashing on vintage DE razors. Well, I'm here to pile on: sell your collections now before they are completely worthless. Just a few days ago a nickel Toggle sold for a mere $762. Today, more evidence of impending doom:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1961-G3-ARI...PvpzMjRWX0wV82pnHKAzw%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc
A cased 1961 Aristocrat in excellent condition sold for a mere $48. A few weeks ago, this razor would have sold for 3 times that price. What is the world coming to, you ask? Based solely on these two data points and absolutely nothing else, I have reached the inescapable conclusion that we are facing a sudden and unexplained bursting of the "razor bubble."
Is CFM "too big to fail?":wink2:

This is the best thing I've read in a while!

I saw a couple of OC Aristocrats go for $400+ a few weeks ago and easily over $200 for quite some time now. I was ready to sell mine, but suddenly they're going for under $100. It's really strange.

I saw a couple of OC Aristocrats go for $400+ a few weeks ago and easily over $200 for quite some time now. I was ready to sell mine, but suddenly they're going for under $100. It's really strange.

See? The bubble has burst ...

Last week I saw a prewar fat handle Tech go for about $75. I analyzed the past three months sales of Techs for a trend and didn't find one. Show me your facts.

Last week I saw a prewar fat handle Tech go for about $75. I analyzed the past three months sales of Techs for a trend and didn't find one. Show me your facts.

Facts? I'm not interested in facts! This is the time for hysteria!

$imagesCA23USF5.jpg

I have a theory that vintage fountain pen prices can be used to forecast economic trends. If the same goes for vintage razors, we might be headed for global economic catastrophe! Or good times. My theory's not that well developed yet.

I have a theory that vintage fountain pen prices can be used to forecast economic trends. If the same goes for vintage razors, we might be headed for global economic catastrophe! Or good times. My theory's not that well developed yet.

Your theories have much in common with mine. Keep them ambiguous and they will never be proved wrong.

I now expect to see a posting of "Out of the goodness of my heart, I will buy your devalued razors at excellent prices . . . Toggles, Bottom Dials, . . . " :laugh:

It's cyclical. Feb is the hottest month to sell BY FAR, spring/summer not so much. People tend to use money if they have any for recreation I think...

I think it has a lot to do with these four blood-red moons that are coming up. This may spell doom for eBay DE prices.

I now expect to see a posting of "Out of the goodness of my heart, I will buy your devalued razors at excellent prices . . . Toggles, Bottom Dials, . . . " :laugh:

Out of the goodness of my heart, I will buy your devalued razors for $.01 on the dollar, $.05 for double rings, big boys and big fellows.

Whoever got that really made off like a bandit. He should be arrested immediately, oh and I'll gladly hold the evidence while he is paying his debt to society.

Top Bottom