What's new

New DE Shaver...Thanks For The Help!

A couple of week ago a friend of mine told me he had switched to a DE razor and traditional lather for shaving and was getting excellent results. This intrigued me, and being fed up with the cost of cartridge razors that I've never been impressed with, I decided it was worth looking into. A few days later I was placing an order from Best Grooming Tools for:

Merkur 38-C long handle
Muehle-Pinsel Pure Badger brush
Feather blades
Edwin Jagger lather bowl
Col Conk's Bay Rum Soap
Col Conk's Bay Rum Aftershave
Valobra Menthol Shave Cream
Styptic Pencil

Having no idea how I was going to use these new tools, I searched around the internet, and came across this site, and Mantic's Youtube videos.

I've been shaving with my DE for just over a week now using the techniques I've learned from you guys, and I'm loving it. I've actually found myself looking forward to shaving in the mornings

I still need to get a bit better at building lather, and I'm still getting some nicks, and redness on my neck, but I already feel like I'm getting the best shaves of my life.

I just wanted to say thank you to all for great advice, and a great online community!

Oh, stop! You say that to all the BBS boys! :blushing:

Seriously though, you purchased quite the set of items. You went with quality right from the beginning and that helps. The neck is usually the hardest area to master so don't be discouraged and be patient.

Welcome to B&B and enjoy your stay! See you around.. :cool:

Seriously though, you purchased quite the set of items. You went with quality right from the beginning and that helps.

Since I won't have to pay $25.00 every time I run out of cartridges, my set should pay for itself fairly quickly.

Bet you never thought you would enjoy shaving, did you? People probably won't believe you if you tell them. No matter, welcome to the forum and you have a great start.

BobS

Your off to a very nice start. You may need a couple of weeks to adjust. Just take your time and will be fine in the end. Also, welcome to the board.

Welcome to B&B! There's a great bunch of guys here, feel free to ask anything. But .... do a good search of the forums first; you'll be amazed at what's already been posted.

Welcome to the forum. Try and read as many back-posts as possible to give yourself a foundation of knowledge and enjoy your stay.

Congrats . If there is anything here that is indisputable, It's that the more you shave, the better your shaves will become.

Keep at It!

Welcome to B&B. "Old-fashioned" wet shaving can be as expensive or inexpensive as you make it. Have fun!

-Clarke

Ich bin Herr Doktor Eisen-Bart...

Congrats . If there is anything here that is indisputable, It's that the more you shave, the better your shaves will become.

Keep at It!

Top Bottom