What's new

Groom & Clean + Brilliantine = Perfection

I have been using Groom & Clean for awhile now and I love it. It doesn't harden my hair like gel does, nor does it make it feel greasy like some other products. Plus, it holds quite well.

The only problem I have with it is the smell. It's not bad, really, I just like something a bit more "fresh", if that makes sense.

I have been looking at other options - tonics, pomades, etc. - and then I went to lunch with my friend, Lucho. His hair always looks great and he always smells incredible. (Not that I'm just sitting around sniffing him, mind you.)

He has used
Tres Flores Brilliantine for at least the 20+ years I've known him. Basically, it's Vaseline that smells great. I really didn't want to put Vaseline - no matter how good it smelled - in my hair, but then I had an idea.

What if I mixed it with my Groom & Clean?

Here's what I did: I put a little bit of Tres Flores in my hand. (When I say “a little bit”, I mean a quick finger swipe over the top of the Tres Flores, which I then wiped on my palm. The stuff is pretty strong.) This was topped by my usual small dab of Groom & Clean and a little water. I rubbed my hands together, applied it to my hair and combed.

Perfect hold and perfect smell.

I realize that I'm probably not the first person to try this, but man, I think I have finally found my hair product: Groomantine! (Or maybe "Brillianclean"!)

Last edited:
As a side note, even with the little amount I used of Tres Flores, it still overpowers my shampoo, Clubman A/S and talc. I may be using even less tomorrow.

awesome I will try this. I love groom and clean but the smell kills me. I did a google search but there seem to be a bunch of products. Which is the exact one you mixed?

awesome I will try this. I love groom and clean but the smell kills me. I did a google search but there seem to be a bunch of products. Which is the exact one you mixed?

I used the Tres Flores Brilliantine solid sold here.

El Alamein said:
Welcome, Mr. Cary Grant, to B&B. Seems your method of mixing Brilliantine with pomade is growing in popularity.

I knew I wasn't the first, but I had no idea I was channeling Cary Grant. :thumbup1:

Top Bottom