What's new

Motorcycle Rider Check In

Wanted to get a thread going being that it is riding season here in the DC area. Please feel free to discuss anything related to any type of motorcycle or upgrade.

Currently in my garage after selling my 2006 Suzuki Volusia recently I currently ride Victory Crossroads.
I commute daily to Washington, DC for work riding my bike through a majority of the winter until it gets to cold that my wallet does not support.

2012 Victory Crossroads, Black Color
Ness Highway Bars
Hardbags
Stage 1 Tri-Oval Setup.
Picked up a nice backrest from a small company I believe in Wisconsin.

Looking to add a nice faring Kit to help on the rainy and windy days.

With the nice weather here I picked up the bagger from my buddies garage, checked the oil and tires.
Brought it home to begin washing it and getting it ready to shine on the road, turned on the hose...laundry room turned in to a very large shower..
In short busted pipe and had to bring it to a buddies house to wash it.
WIll take some pics and throw it up hopefully later this week.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Went for a 30 mile spin yesterday just to shake out the cobwebs. A bit cool for me still, about 35 degrees, but it was fun.
Got 2 inches of snow this afternoon, so the timing was perfect.

Got my 2011 Triumph Sprint GT out for the first ride of the season this past Sunday.

Commute 3-4 days a week during the summer on it. Currently planning a 16 day trip from Nova Scotia to North Carolina in mid-August. SWMBO will be riding pillon, and we're planning to take our time and see the sights. Possibly spend a whole day in DC (never been), a day or toe near Asheville, NC (family visit), and maybe a day in Baltimore (catch a ball game).

Been doing a 60-mile commute on days when it's above 35 in the morning and also exploring all the gravel and dirt roads around here on my '09 KLR650.

proxy.php

And then there's my other ride, the 49cc Boreem Robot (Code Name "Rolling Thunder") that I reserve for more important things like giving kids rides around the block or running up to the convenience store to pick up more Milwaukee's Best Light........
proxy.php

Last edited:
Got my bike parked until I can muster up the courage/ego to tear apart and clean the carbs myself. Been putting it off for seven years... won't make it through another season without it. Not willing to pay $300 for what would be an hours work if I were competent at it, though it'll likely take me an entire weekend.

Got my bike parked until I can muster up the courage/ego to tear apart and clean the carbs myself. Been putting it off for seven years... won't make it through another season without it. Not willing to pay $300 for what would be an hours work if I were competent at it, though it'll likely take me an entire weekend.

Carb Cleaning. Time Well Spent. Good for the bike and for your soul. Paying somebody else to perform routine maintenance work on your motorcycle is like utilizing the services of a prostitute. Of course, mine's a one-carb bike, tho...........

Disassembly/cleaning isn't usually too bad, it's figuring out jetting/needles/etc on a rebuild/upgrade that drives me nutty.

Just make sure you note which jets come from which carbs, where the needles are set in each, and be careful not to rip/tear/puncture the diaphrams. The cleaning is the easy part, IMO. It's usually the removal/re-installation that leads me to create new cuss words!

Good luck with it!

I only started riding a couple years ago. I had a 2010 Ninja 250r that I rode the snot out of until last summer. I put 7,000 miles on it in about 10 months, but still broke even on the sale! Upgraded to a 2012 Honda NC700x. It's about the perfect bike for me- fuel injection, a trunk to put my stuff in, awesome gas mileage and upright seating.

Rode in today even though it was pretty damn cold at 34 but will warm up later. Whenever I ride close to winter I remember that I want to buy a faring kit...
Other than that she purred real nice when hitting HOV, shot the cobwebs off for sure.

Rode in today even though it was pretty damn cold at 34 but will warm up later. Whenever I ride close to winter I remember that I want to buy a faring kit...
Other than that she purred real nice when hitting HOV, shot the cobwebs off for sure.

I'll never own another frequently ridden motorcycle without a set of heated grips. Makes a WORLD of difference on a chilly morning...

I'll never own another frequently ridden motorcycle without a set of heated grips. Makes a WORLD of difference on a chilly morning...

It is something I have been considering as my tourmaster gloves will only do so much.
There are many things I would like to do to the bike to make it ride in the colder weather, well see what i get to this year!

Naw.... heated grips aren't necessary.

Gerbing's heated jacket liner coupled with the heated gloves on a temp controller!!!!!

That's the ticket!!:thumbup:

It IS a little pricey though...

Naw.... heated grips aren't necessary.

Gerbing's heated jacket liner coupled with the heated gloves on a temp controller!!!!!

That's the ticket!!:thumbup:

It IS a little pricey though...

I actually sold my Aerostich heated liner last fall. My current riding jacket/liner is THAT good! Haha

I did however buy a 95 watt heated jacket for SWMBO. I must say, it was one of the best investments I've ever made! No more "I'm cooooooold..." coming through the intercom...haha

Top Bottom