What's new

I am home with gout.

Stayed home sick because I have gout, and a desire to ramble on here because I am on painkillers.

This stuff sucks, anyone else had it?

I need to get better, my checking account is dwindling down from all the shave goodies I am buying. :lol:

Sorry to hear about your gout episode. My doctor put me on Ulorich and I have been gout free for a couple of years. One tablet daily for me. When I use to get gout he would give a medication to clear it up in a couple of days. Best of luck as it is no fun.

I've had attacks of gout. The first several were in my foot (big toe), but later I've had episodes in my wrist and elbow. I hope you clear up in a few days.

My father had several attacks of gout. Very painful and irritating, though he pretty much eliminated it with diet alone. I hope you have the same success.

I'm not a member of that "club," but have a couple of friends who are. From what I understand, it can be extremely painful.

You could always use the ol' excuse that RAD is a side effect of the meds!:lol:

Hope it clears quickly for you.

Beav

:a16:
Hey there Vitamin Shave, Sorry to hear that nasty pain got you home and not making that MOOLAA for hobby expense. I had and still sometimes get the goat. I would get it sometimes 4 times a year. I stop eating a few things that causes goat. Well not stop for say, just slowed down a lot. The way it was explained to me by a Witch Dr. is that your body filters all kinds of food. Some have more of some chemical that causes Uric Acid that most of the time gets in your joints, there for causing pain. The trick is to avoid them and if you do eat them try to drink a lot of water after to flush it out. Then of course I did some online research because Witch Dr. freaks me out. I love sea food and beef and them two are some of the worst things to eat. Hope you get better.

Thanks everyone

I am going to Dr in morning, I was unable to even move today, a trip to bathroom took 5 minutes.

Thanks for all the positivity

I have had two attacks and hope to never have another! After the first the Dr. put me on alopurinol, after 6 months I was better so I stopped taking it, a month later my second attack, back on medication and no further attacks. Hope you get it straightened out!

Tom

Still recuperating from a gout attack. It started in my heel and moved throughout my foot. Finally it is healing up in my big toe. You are right this does suck. I couldn't walk for a while and it was horrible pain.

I wish you a speedy recovery!

I took Colcrys which is a form of colchicine from what I gathered,

Man! It is a micracle, took two 0.6 mg at 11pm, then one 0.6 mg at 12am (yesterday) and this morning I could actually put weight on it, it is still sore but what a big difference!

I took one more today, and from reading online I should take a break from it and resume in 3 days if I still have the pain.

My doctor has scheduled me for a compelte physical and to do lab work testing my uric acid, and I will likely by on the allopurinol. Although I do not want to be on pills forever, I plan to take it and get my uric acid level down and then start a better diet, flush more with water, etc.

Thanks everyone for chiming in, it really did suck when I wrote that, painful!

Legion

Staff member
My father has it. Too much party.

Something to look forward to, I guess. :laugh:

Hope it eases up soon for you.

As a gout suffer I can sympathize.

Have just come out of a week long gout attack myself, quite painful to say the least.

Plenty of water and some anti-inflammatory tablets (prednisolone) normally do the trick.

With allopurinol make sure you have something substantial to eat first, stops the nauseous feeling.

I've had a couple of bouts with the gout, some of the worst pain I've ever had. The doctor gave me a shot in the afflicted area that relieved it in less than 24 hours, then told me to quit drinking. I quit drinking after the second attack.

I've had a couple of bouts with the gout, some of the worst pain I've ever had. The doctor gave me a shot in the afflicted area that relieved it in less than 24 hours, then told me to quit drinking. I quit drinking after the second attack.

The doctor always tells me to stop drinking when I go in with a gout attack, the look on his face is priceless when I tell him in order to stop, I would first have to start :biggrin1:

I'm so sorry to hear that,,wishing you a good recovery,,my father had an acute gout attacks before and the doctor prescribed him colchicine and an analgesic for pain,,I can understand how painful gout attacks could be.

Gout certainly is a horrible affliction. I had suffered with it in the past and my doc suggested daily medication (and a slight diet modification) to help control Uric Acid. What sold me on the idea was his reasoning; once the Uric acid crystals form in your joint (as in a typical bout of gout) they are doing considerable damage to the soft tissue.

Good luck for a speedy recovery.

Top Bottom