What's new

sanitizing

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
No doubt we can all discuss the topic, taking into account personal preferences.
There is some sensitivity here that the membership has on not presenting certain perspective as indisputable fact. None of us wants to unduly frighten those who may not know and who may be adversely influenced by the power of the written word, no matter that the written word in question is on an unvetted Internet forum.
Again, each individual should do what he is comfortable with personally.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
My question is: Why are there like 27 threads going, filled with people bickering about cleaning a razor?

It's what we do here.
Mighty well I might add
:lol:

Generally we try to merge very similar threads. Probably just hadn't been noticed.

Lol! I sure hope anything under the ice cap is long dead. They used the idea for some X-files episodes if I remember correctly. Any scientists or medical folks care to enlighten us?

I scrubbed and soaked a vintage Gillette model 100 with soap and boiling hot water. Then I soaked it in Listerine Mouthwash, and rinsed it again with hot water. Hopefully the cooties are all gone, because I bled a bit after my first shave with that razor.

OK since we are chatting about pathogens. And I know this is loosely related to this thread so please bare with me. Has anyone thought of what's being uncovered as the polar ice recedes? They are finding new organisms almost daily as the polar ice is melting in this nonexsistant global warming is not happening all around us. :thumbup: Could there be an ancient pathogen lying dormant just waiting for this thaw to reactivate and spread or even mutate?

BEWARE the extremely rare razor dated 10.000 BC (even if its your birthday razor) coming up soon on B/S/T :scared:

I don't a pressure cooker,,but I have a dishwasher,,so I sanitized my vintage razors in that,,and then I used a rubbing alcohol and scrubbing bubbles,,may be not the best sanitizing,,but I'm not so anxious about sanitizing.

I sanitize my '61 Fatboy every morning the exact same way. Been doing it this way for 30 years and have not so much has caught the common cold in 30 years.

Here's my time proven, fool proof, every morning, fatboy sanitation process;
1) Pour 4 ounces of cheap vodka into a glass tumbler that has been left unwashed by the bathroom sink for 30 years.
2) Dip the fatboy in the vodka and give it 3 counter-clockwise swirls.
3) Shake the excess vodka off the fatboy and drink approximately 2 ounces of vodka out of the glass.
4) Enjoy a nice shave
5) Enjoy the remaining 2 ounces of vodka
6) repeat entire process the next morning

Here's my time proven, fool proof, every morning, fatboy sanitation process;
1) Pour 4 ounces of cheap vodka into a glass tumbler that has been left unwashed by the bathroom sink for 30 years.
2) Dip the fatboy in the vodka and give it 3 counter-clockwise swirls.
3) Shake the excess vodka off the fatboy and drink approximately 2 ounces of vodka out of the glass.
4) Enjoy a nice shave
5) Enjoy the remaining 2 ounces of vodka
6) repeat entire process the next morning

This new cocktail is going to sweep the nation. They will call it the snowman. 4 fingers of straight hard liquor in a dirty glass with a 60 year old razor in it. Garnish with a dollop of tabac.

Germs were sent by the devil :devil: for the purpose of making guys in a shaving forum who really like each other to fight and argue. :taz:

Remember, the evil one will target the things that we love..... in this case: Traditional Wet Shaving :001_tongu .

Ben

Hi all,
I just used Barbicide on a Gillitte Tech with aluminum handle and the Barbicide put a brownish discolored ring around the handle.
Any ideas how to remove discoloration?

Top Bottom