What's new

NHL Playoffs

proxy.php

I almost did a "spit take" reading this

What was up with Fleury last night? Does he start in net for the Penguins again in game 5? I know nothing about his backup, but Fleury gave the game away.

What was up with Fleury last night? Does he start in net for the Penguins again in game 5? I know nothing about his backup, but Fleury gave the game away.

Ummm, I think you mean whats up with Fleury EVERY night. the answer is simple. He has never been a great goalie. He plays on a great/high scoring team. His Save percentage and Goals against average are just inside the top 30 in the league.
It is his Highlight reel saves that give the illusion that he is a great goalie. But its his inability to be in position that forces him to make most of these saves. He has not improved since his first year in the league. This is why in the playoffs, aside from the two years they went to the finals, he has been terrible. He lets in way to many soft goals and makes bone headed mistakes....like last night. If Pittsburgh gets a legitimate #1 goalie they would be Stanley cup contenders.

Well put, FroggleJimmy.

With Montreal being, well, Montreal, is there a lot of pride in Canada for their first round sweep?

Well put, FroggleJimmy.

With Montreal being, well, Montreal, is there a lot of pride in Canada for their first round sweep?

People are happy. But the truth of the matter is most teams are made up with more Canadians than any other nationality. The whole 'bring the cup back to Canada' thing really doesn't matter to me personally. Its nice to see a Canadian team doing well though. Carey Price could steal a series and the Canadians are playing very well. Probably play Boston next round and it will be a great original six series. As for pride...No. In Canada you either like the Canadians or Hate them.....same goes with the Leafs.

Not to be too big of a homer, but geez the Wild got jobbed last night. Coyle got mugged going in on an empty netter, but no penalty as called. The Avalanche then came back on the very next rush and scored. Too bad the linesman didn't bother to call the play offsides.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist when it comes to hockey, but I have to wonder what was up with the officiating crew last night.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member

I think the national sports media are pre-set to hype Toronto, so the Habs are being dealt with not as "Canada's Team" but as "one of the teams from somewhere in Canada".

Mind you, I'm sure looking forward to that Habs-Broons series.

I think the national sports media are pre-set to hype Toronto, so the Habs are being dealt with not as "Canada's Team" but as "one of the teams from somewhere in Canada".

Mind you, I'm sure looking forward to that Habs-Broons series.

Me too. Its gonna be awesome.

Good luck to all the remaining teams, unforunately looks like our Sharks will once again do their playoff swoon. In that case go Bruins!

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Any decade now the NHL is going to actually schedule the series.

Any decade now the NHL is going to actually schedule the series.

Scuttlebutt here is that its probably going to start on Saturday. That's probably going to be the marquee/prime time matchup of the second round, although a potential Flyers/Pens matchup would definitely bring the fireworks, if recent history is any indication.

To my dismay, they weren't awful enough last night. Or the Rangers were just really bad. Fortunately, I stopped watching after the first period.

Philly does have there decent games, but they are an awful team. They have no focus and are just a random bunch of players that dont even play as a team. The Rangers are not a great team either. I can only hope the Penguins get some decent goaltending in the next round and eliminate one of them. However that is no guarentee.

My Hopes for tonight
Avalanche
Sharks
Rangers

Who I think Will ACTUALLY Win
Kings
Avalanche
Rangers

Should be a good night of hockey!!!!

Top Bottom