What's new

Fake vintage Yellow Lakes.

I'd be more interested in you tracking down that other UK eBayer, the one that lists 20 vintage hones at a time (tams, Charns, Coti's, Idwals, Turkeys, Washitas, Arks, etc). Where the hell is he sourcing all those damn stones? He's got a dozen gorgeous stones listed at any given time.

To answer your question Auction

The Dalmore Blue he sells is now also Re-labeled...this time he writes that these are copied from stones already sold...

The Dalmore Blue he sells is now also Re-labeled...this time he writes that these are copied from stones already sold...

When I looked, he was saying the same thing with regard to the Yellow Lakes, that they were reproductions of a label from the 1970s. It was in small print at the end.

This is just awful...it's not fair at all to people further down the line who buy these stones thinking that they are genuine.
It makes me very angry, to be honest.

The most interesting part is a few years ago the listings said that these stones were "suspected" to be Yellow Lakes, and Idwals, etc. Now he's slapping photocopied labels on them... labels that brag about their trademark.

Imagine if Ardennes started cutting every natural combo they dig up into a 5x2 and slapping a photocopied old rock label on it? Can you imagine the uproar?

Funny thing is a bit more than a decade ago my great aunt invited me to live with her and attend school in Britain, but I didn't bother to look into it. Really wish I had. These days I can't imagine that I'd ever turn down the opportunity to travel.

Now I'm starting to wonder whether mine might be fake too...
proxy.php

Last edited:
Top Bottom