What's new

Help ID this knot

Pulled this knot out of a recently purchased brush (a partially restored Rubberset 400). It says "26 finest" on it. I'm assuming it's a 26mm Finest badger knot.

I'm just not sure of the brand. Does anyone recognize this? TGN?

Thanks in advance!

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397455666.405787.jpg

Let's see a picture of the knot itself. It could be a TGN. The ones I got from them abbreviated things: FF = finest fan, SST = super silvertip. At least that's what I vaguely remember.

Mike H

Instagram Famous
I will agree with others, TGN usually abbreviated the label. The ones I got from Ace and V. Sheng were unmarked. It could be that the person who did the restore, wrote that on the bottom of the knot.

Thanks guys. Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. His description of the knot was a 24mm TGN finest. But I see 26 at the bottom of the knot. It's in a rubberset 40, which is known to use a 24mm knot. I'm lost.

Here are a few pics of the knot side by side to my WSP finest 2-band. As a side note, the WSP has softer tips and less backbone (but the backbone is still very sufficient for face lathering). I ran a test with my shave this morning :)

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397505163.711878.jpg

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397505183.973083.jpg

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397505192.749258.jpg

I appreciate everyone's input. One other question, regarding the bloom on the knot. It looks a lot less "full" than the WSP knot.

Is this a sign of lesser quality, the stiffer backbone?

Top Bottom