What's new

Got a Black Handled Super Adjustable on the way.

Finally found my Birth Year Razor and it's on its way. Does anyone have any experience with the settings? Which setting would you place the 1904 OC at?

You're going to like that razor.

As to the settings, I've got the 1904 closed comb and find it to be a pretty mild razor. On a SA I would say a 2 or a 3.

Ah good so I will try it at 4 and see how that goes.
+1 Excellent. I started with a "3" when I first got mine. I now use my SA as follows. 1st pass is a "6" on the face and a "3" around my goatee/lip/chin area. For passes 2 and 3 I use a "7" and a "4."

Setting "4" is a great starting point. Good luck with it and keep us posted as to what you finally settle on.

$uploadfromtaptalk1397706235416.jpg Came in the post today! Will try it in the morning at setting 4.

Very nice! I don't have the plastic base plate version, but I like mine set to 4 or 5 for starters and then I knock it down to 2 or 3 for the final pass and touch ups.

Ben

Just shaved with it. 4 turned out to be too mild so I kicked it up to 5. Got BBS in two passes with touch ups. On Monday I will try one of my irridum blades becase my Gillette super thin felt real rough on ATG2nd pass. This may become my new favorite razor.

Great razor. I have the long handle with plastic base as well as the short. I'm not sure what year the long handle is (late 70's) but the short is 1975. Do you know what year your is?

The irridum blade was a good change. So I guess the Gillette super thins are too mild for the more aggressive razors. Again I got BBS in two passes with touch ups but second pass went a lot smoother.

Top Bottom