What's new

thater?

i LOVE the shape of the handles and im thinking about trying one. how are they and what do they compare to? quality wise? is there a specific model better than others to look at? been dying to try one for a while and now im really curious about them. i have been eying the 4125/2 model.

thanks!

I have 2 of them and they are my best brushes. I have a fan and a bulb both in 2 band. I have not lost a single hair since I have had them. The handle is very ergonomic and feels just right in my hand. The fan has much less backbone than the bulb, but is softer and has better flow through. The bulb is built like a WWII tank, it has great backbone but still maintains a very soft feel. The density on these brushes are both just right, and for the price I don't see any other brush being better. If I were to have 1 brush for the rest of my life it would be a Thater.

I have the 4125/0 in 2 band fan. LOVE this brush. Though I wish I'd gone a size larger, the brush is still fantastic. This brush likely has the softest tips of any brush I have- I can never decide if it's this brush or my SR silvertip.

Regardless, the 2 band fan has cloud soft tips with no scritch or scrub, ample backbone but is in no way stiff. Excellent flow through. Despite the softness, it will handle any soap I throw at it.

Another bonus is the octagonal handle. It is my favorite handle shape. Very ergonomic and easy to grasp during use.

Thater, in the 4125/2 you've been eyeing, would be a desert island brush for me. One could spend years looking for a better brush and never...

I got the 4125/2 3-band fan from RoyalShave. For some reason, it only came with the ivory handle. I would have preferred black, but it's the brush that matters. I love it. And I use it to face lather, no matter what the packaging says; it's not so delicate.

The Thater 4125/2 Two Band Super Badger is one of my favorites. I have the black handle and the bulb shape. If I was to go with a fan, I'd go down to the 4125/1 size probably.

Thaters are excellent quality and highly uniform in construction. No surprises, just a great brush.

Ben

I have a 4292/3 2-band Fan in black and it is the softest brush I own. I'd probably go up to a 4292/4 if I had to do it again, but still, it's a very nice brush.

okay im confused. other than fan vs bulb why do i see many different 4125/2 versions?? it seems some places have different versions at VERY different price ranges.

Top Bottom